Home Forums Explore Media Sculpture Non-yellowing, hard gloss lacquervarnish for painted plaster sculpture?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    noodlecake

Hi

I’m currently working with alpha plaster as a modelling material and finishing them off with watercolours which looks great but I need to finish them off with some kind of non-spray lacquer or varnish that is clear and doesn’t yellow over time.

I’ve found a few that look great but they are only available in the US. The stuff I have at the moment is artists lacquer in gloss or ultra matt but it isnt very hard and you can dull the gloss permanently just by rubbing gently with a finger.

I have a couple of cans of spray on Plastikote which work fine but a brush on lacquer would be far more ideal.

Any suggestions would be most appreciated

ArtsyLynda

I’m sorry, I have no idea what would work other than spray lacquer. I’ve used it on white resin castings and on painted resin castings and it’s held up well. If you’re painting in watercolor, I would think spray on would be best, but I’m no painter. It just seems to me that painting something else over it might disturb the watercolor somehow. As I said, I’m no painter.

I hope you get a good answer here soon!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.