Home Forums Explore Media Clay selfie diorama

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    honey hatter

this piece i made from polymer clay, i had made two other diorama’s and thought i should make one of myself reading one of my favorite books, the art on the walls is from some of my favorite artists and one piece i liked on pinterest, the floor is miniature cloth print, the wallpaper is photomat paper. i made some philadendron trailing down the sides of the book case, and other plants for the room, added a computer table, laptop, and lamp, window with thin plastic for the window with cute flower print cloth for each side of the window. The books on the bookshelf and floor are each different books from my favorite authors, Becky Chambers, Jim Butcher, Terry Pratchett, Larrey Corriea, Simon R. Green, Ernest Cline, Cherie Priest, and last but not least J.R.R. Tokien.
        The floor section is seperate from the Wall/Window section so i can change the view of the room. The book covers i shrunk and glued onto polymer clay books, the front, back cover, and binding are all from printed paper, so when you pick up a book your fingers get the feel of paper instead of clay. enjoy
        IMG_20180221_145055 by honey hatter[/url], on Flickr
        IMG_20180228_213009 by honey hatter[/url], on
        IMG_20180221_145140 by honey hatter[/url], on Flickr

"Oh look a white rabbit!"

honey hatter

here’s some other shots
            IMG_20180228_204508 by honey hatter[/url], on Flickr
            IMG_20180221_145148 by honey hatter[/url], on Flickr
            IMG_20180228_213507 by honey hatter[/url], on Flickr

Very interesting. We have a member who posts her mini scenes in the watercolor Forum, NancyR.

Doug

We must leave our mark on this world

ntl

What size is the box? this looks like fun. Such detail!

honey hatter

The room is 5 inches by 5 inches and 3 inches high. This was a very fun piece to make, all of the room, computer table, and bookcase are all made from cardboard and glued together with super glue or sculpey bake and bond.

Good morning. Doug passed on your post to me. When I joined Wet Canvas, I was working with water colors. However, fate intervened, and I returned to my love of miniatures. I like to think of them as creating 3D pictures.

This is my favorite one. Sorry it posted sideways. Clay is used to make food in my miniatures. I loved your scene. Click on the link in my signature to visit my Facebook page with all my scenes.

EDIT: Picture rotated Doug

MY FACEBOOK PAGE
                    "Imagination is more important than knowledge."- Einstein

honey hatter

Thanks Doug for passing my post along, Nancy I love the detail in your beach house. I recently started making dioramas, before that I only made miniatures themselves. I like evolving my art to create new things, I didn’t know I could create a diorama until I did. I’d say now having made a diorama that it’s something anyone can do and it’s FUN! My family has a lot of artists one of our family mottos is if you can create it big you can create it small.

honey hatter

Nancy I looked at your dioramas on your Facebook page and all I can say is wow, I kept saying that as I scrolled down and kept seeing more and more cute creations of yours. I’ve only just started making dioramas. I found myself standing in the dollhouse section of hobby lobby last week, looking at all the finely detailed furniture and lamps; the light up led lamp was very cute! A whole new world of crafting has opened up for me. Love your work I’ll continue to be inspired by this new craft.

talisman

Great room and I LOVE the BOOKS!!!!!

Dianna WC! Guide: Fantasy/Sci-Fi Art
                                C and C always welcome.
                                My DeviantArt Gallery

ntl

I really appreciate your close-ups! Your work is fun to look at. –The detail you include!
                                    I think my fingers would turn to toes if I tried that miniature work.
                                    We have a miniature museum here, and it’s fun to see what they have.

honey hatter

thanks i love working in miniature, sings “It’s a small world after all!” :lol:
                                        here are some more pics of the books, i shelved myself for these pictures
                                        IMG_20180305_153712 by honey hatter[/url], on Flickr
                                        IMG_20180305_152051 by honey hatter[/url], on Flickr

Pine Cone

Good grief HH!!!!! Your diorama is too cool for words!!!!!!!!!

I love that you can move everything around, and when you shelved yourself, it cracked me up :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

All the attention to detail, the art, the books, even the way they feel – fantastic work!

name — gravity and grace along the path

nickname — intuitive balance of forces[/color]

honey hatter

thank you very much I love doing fine detail in my craft, perhaps one day I’ll be able to craft some miniatures on the head of a needle:)

Clever !!!

-Dave

honey hatter

thank you ever so much^^

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
                                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.