WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Fiber Arts
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#16   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-14-2018, 02:51 PM
Enthusiast
Edmonton Alberta

Hails from Canada
Re: Stitch in Time September 2018

Yeah - younger and faster would be nice. I scraped down the car and got groceries today. My ankles are almost back to normal. This is a sudden new thing, swollen ankles due to flying. Also dizziness.

I am still not unpacked. I finished knitting the dragon scale cowl last night.

The garden is toast. Everything is dead or dying. It was at its peak and so nice. More snow coming tonight and tomorrow.
  #17   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-15-2018, 01:07 PM
WC! Guide
Nowheresville, Idunno

Hails from United States

Lena, aging isn't for the weak, that's for certain. Sorry about your garden. That must be so sad. Hopefully you got some of it harvested before you left for the wedding. Ooh, looking forward to seeing the dragon scale cowl.

Mom has safely arrived back in California. I was so worried while she was here. She really shouldn't be living alone anymore, but I can't convince her to do the assisted living thing. And, I'm not in a position to move in with her. My siblings are even less able to do such a thing. At least now she's back where she's got a wide base of friends and more family around to help if she needs something.

There's something about cooler weather that gets my creative flow going. I've got so many ideas swimming around in my head right now. I've been trying to write and sketch them all down so they don't get away. I guess with the cooler weather I just want to light the wood stove, drink tea and create fiber goodness.
  #18   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-15-2018, 01:30 PM
Enthusiast
Edmonton Alberta

Hails from Canada

Yes fall does that to me too. Time to get really back into creative work. But fall kind off skipped off and disappeared this time. And it feels like winter and time to curl up and hibernate.

My feet were finally deflated enough to fit into shoes so I didn't feel silly this morning. Yesterday we went shopping and I had to wear socks and my sandals which could be adjusted. We had to get a new washing machine because the old one was dying. Sandals and snow just don't work well.
  #19   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-15-2018, 04:52 PM
Enthusiast
Edmonton Alberta

Hails from Canada

The wedding photos The bride and groom and families - me in the pink shawl

#20   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-16-2018, 12:13 PM
WC! Guide
Nowheresville, Idunno

Hails from United States

Lena, glad your feet are deflating. Swollen feet are miserable. Lovely picture from the wedding. The bouquet looks great!

We went to the city to do some shopping yesterday. Unfortunately, I am still recovering. We got to the mall and I lost may air walking from the parking lot to the mall entrance. There was a bench just inside the door. Managed to catch my breath and get to the first store. Had to stop and catch my breath again. *sigh* Walked down the mall hallway to get to JoAnn Fabrics and had to stop again before stepping into the store. DH had enough and asked me if I had to shop the fabric store. Well... no, not exactly. It's not that he won't accompany me into the store and patiently wait while I fondle fabrics and such, it's just he was worried that I wasn't catching my breath. At that point we had what we came for and any other shopping wasn't strictly necessary. So, I agreed that we could be done and slowly worked my way back to the parking lot, stopping several times along the way to catch my breath. Unfortunately, this is something I have to put up with for a while in the aftermath of having broncitis.
  #21   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-16-2018, 12:30 PM
Enthusiast
Edmonton Alberta

Hails from Canada

The bouquet.... Design changed apparently from herbal to traditional floral. My greenery and silk flowers. I was disappointed but it is her wedding so I didn't say anything.
  #22   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-16-2018, 03:14 PM
Enthusiast
Edmonton Alberta

Hails from Canada

Here is a better shot of the wedding shawl

That is her biological father and her other mother and me in the shawl and hat.

Another dark wet day here. The snow that was forecast is more rain then snow.
I have been surfing looking for patterns to inspire me for the yarn I bought on holiday..... Summery tops made of silk and linen..... Wishful thinking.
  #23   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-17-2018, 01:28 PM
WC! Guide
Nowheresville, Idunno

Hails from United States

Lena, make yourself a summer top of silk and linen. You deserve it. Wishful thinking is only the beginning.

Finished sewing the dragon yesterday. Now only 2 more critters to go. I've got a list of projects a mile long to get to when they are done. And then, it dawns on me. It's September. Yule is coming. I refuse to go shopping for gifts. I don't have the funds for anything elaborate and giving money or gift cards while practical is rather impersonal. So.... what do I make this year for gifts? I dunno. I've got a few ideas, but nothing has gelled and I need to get started if I'm going to meet the deadline. *sigh*
  #24   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-18-2018, 01:31 PM
Enthusiast
Edmonton Alberta

Hails from Canada

Crap yes, Xmas is coming. But I have 2 cowls done!

#25   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-18-2018, 01:55 PM
Administrator
ORMSKIRK, Lancashire

Hails from United Kingdom

Nice work, wonderful what colour can do.

Doug
  #26   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-18-2018, 01:59 PM
WC! Guide
Nowheresville, Idunno

Hails from United States

Lena, with 2 cowls done, you are ahead already. Lovely work.

Hi Doug.

I figured out I am slowly getting my stamina and endurance back. Was able to clean the kitchen in one go without losing my air yesterday. Yay! So I am getting better. Couldn't do that a week ago.

Cut out the last 2 critters yesterday. Will start sewing them today.

Oh, Lena, I know you are gluten free. Have you ever used cassava flour?