Home Forums The Town Center All Media Art Events WDE 14 September ~ Cloud Scape WIP

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    KolinskyRed

First, to study the image of the clouds. Wait, I’m seeing things… loads of cavorting creatures: Elephants, Poodle, Bear, Koala, Bunny…. wow!

I’m hoping to do a watercolour study (creature free, clouds only). But this so far is my vivid imagination at work…

Thanks Tanya, for the great photos.

LoganArt

Oh how fun!

That day it was a huge optical… illusion? Tromp loeil?

You had to sometimes close your eye or you couldn’t tell where water ended and sky began.

C&C always welcome
            ConnieT

Yes! I can see those animals, too, now that you have sketched them in. Definitely a good way to identify the darker values. Also… fun!

I think there’s a very little teddy bear sitting down on the bottom, between the big bear on the far right and the little elephant. He’s calling out, “Hey, don’t forget me!”

– ConnieT

ConnieT[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]

In a world where you can be anything... be kind. :heart:

SAndypp

How fun. I love it. Takes me back to my youth. Clouds are just the best. Reminds me of cotton candy.

tyree

wow ! what a wonderful idea..will come back to see the colours !
                        tyree :clap:

'art is the most intense mode of individualism that the world has known'.....oscar wilde

KolinskyRed

An homage cloudscape to the lovey photo.

WN Watercolour, 6×11 in, Rough Arches 300lb. An hour and a half. :wave:

123harry

Ha! I was hoping you’d keep the skybeasts in your final version, great fun.
                                The actual watercolour conveys the tranquility of the reference. Nice.

C&C always welcome.
                                Instagram harry.hamill

ConnieT

Very well done! Beautifully executed in water color. I love the varied tones in the darker areas of the clouds.

(I’m seeing Abraham Lincoln in the left cloud :-)

– ConnieT

ConnieT[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]

In a world where you can be anything... be kind. :heart:

LoganArt

Ha! I was hoping you’d keep the skybeasts in your final version, great fun.
                                        The actual watercolour conveys the tranquility of the reference. Nice.

It’s beautiful. You exactly caught the feel of that day.

But like Harry, I would enjoy the sky beasts too.

C&C always welcome
                                        KolinskyRed

oh dear…

I’m hoping to do a watercolour study (creature free, clouds only).

… knowing it’s going to be first crack at ‘real clouds’ ~ clouds are challenging! :angel:

It would be fun to capture the critters, though… perhaps a more accomplished artist than I can try?

Connie, I see your little, tiny bear now! :wave:

ams

Great work on the clouds. I loved your early “interpretation” with your animal clouds.

Anne

Anne
                                                C & C always welcome.
                                                https://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/topic/wip-still-life-with-purple-underpainting/

Wow, all the images are stunning!

Kay

Moderator: Watermedia, Mixed Media, Abstract/Contemporary

dupliKate

This is simply beautiful and serene. Love it!

"wait for me if i am not heart, because at least i beat"
                                                    ee cummings, from ViVa 1936
                                                    http://s3.amazonaws.com/wetcanvas-hdc/Community/images/03-Aug-2009/3648-Banner2.jpg

artastic

Beautiful work on the clouds,

C&C always welcome -Bonnie-
                                                        http://s3.amazonaws.com/wetcanvas-hdc/Community/images/04-Jan-2017/104250-banner.jpg

“It’s possible to have an awesome life, but it’s up to ourselves to do it.” Weekly Drawing Event, Want to host a WDE? Hosts needed starting now.

KolinskyRed

That day it was a huge optical… illusion? Tromp loeil?
                                                            You had to sometimes close your eye or you couldn’t tell where water ended and sky began.

ah, this inspired me to see if I could make the sky and sea blend more, to capture this optical illusion seen on the day of the photo. Plus soften some more cloud edges. Thank goodness for opaque watercolours! I must stop, as I’m growing the sky and shrinking the sea :angel:

Thanks for all the kind comments, and for Tanya hosting!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
                                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.