Home Forums Explore Media Watercolor Watercolor Gallery Purple Iris

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    OziAfricana

Hi,
        I usually hang out in the Oils forum but decided to revisit some dried out tubes of watercolour I had lying about. This picture was painted from a Skillshare class but i did not have the required purples and violets (had to mix mine) and I was working on a dodgy Sinoart watercolour pad 300 gsm acid free.

I will be trying out other paintings in watercolour as I’ve now invested in a W&N professional paint set with pans… and purple :lol:

Art is the only way to run away without leaving home
        My Blog

Instagram
        Kaylen

looks nice Linda, white backgrounds distract me , but you have a nice touch

Kaylen Savoie
            https://www.savoieartist.com/
            At least twice a year,paint something better than you ever painted before.

OziAfricana

Thanks Kaylen for your kind words. I didn’t even know I could paint the background as I just followed the tutorial to the letter. Would it be done first as a general wash over the paper or at the end when everything is dry?

My Blog

Instagram
                maryinasia

gorgeous

tmwilliams

Nicely done. The petals are delicate as they should be. Mine tend to be thick and ugly.

Thomas

KiwiKate

Very nice. I like to mix my own colors too and you’ve done a nice job.

Kate
                            Henderson, Nevada
                            C&C always welcomed!

"Never ruin a good day by thinking about a bad yesterday". -- Anon.

Agilepaws

Well done Linda. You don’t have to do a background. It’s known as a vignette, and I quite like them. You are the artist, do what you feel. You’ve done a wonderful job on this. I love how transparent the petals are painted.

-Sharryn

C&C Welcomed
                                RBloechl

Well done! :thumbsup: You will find your mixed purples more lively than tube only purples.

Rich

Bill

Very nice, Linda. As a lover of vignettes I like a white background. Good job.
                                        Bill

Be kinder than necessary

ScarlettRose

Linda, i just love your Iris, they are another of my fave flowers I like to paint. Yours reminds me of an Elizabeth Blackadder’s Iris.
                                            It’s beautiful, lovely and loose and your purples are spot on.
                                            Enjoy painting with your new paints.

Cheers Rosie.

Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once he grows up.” ― Pablo Picasso
                                            [/COLOR][FONT="Verdana"]:wink2:

OziAfricana

Thanks Rosie, Bill, Rich, Sharryn, Kate, Thomas and Mary for your kind words. I am motivated to paint more watercolours.

My Blog

Instagram
                                                Lavendulan

This is lovely Linda. I used to have an iris in my garden that looked very similar to the colors you used. I like the vignette style of no background, it puts the focus squarely on your wonderful flower.

Lora
                                                    C&C welcome

OziAfricana

This is lovely Linda. I used to have an iris in my garden that looked very similar to the colors you used. I like the vignette style of no background, it puts the focus squarely on your wonderful flower.

Thank you.

My Blog

Instagram
                                                        ndyna

Linda, the petals look so delicate, nicely done !

Dhana

"Do or do not. There is no try"- Yoda

ErnstG

Wonderful flower!

Ernst

Meine Seiten - My website
                                                                Malen ist nicht alles im Leben - aber ohne Malen ist alles nichts!
                                                                Painting is not everything in life - but without painting everything is nothing!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.