Home Forums Explore Subjects Figure, The Looking Out

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

At the Morning. A young Woman and her pet. Appx 17×13″ Impressionistic.

Beautifully done!! I love compositions with a view out of a window. From a photo reference? And what medium, oils?

Thanks so much for commenting, and asking – This narrative is a fave of mine. From 4 refs. I sketched (the standard way) a rough, then found refs to match. As are almost all my posting on this site, this is Digitally painted. I used a Wacom Pro tablet, and ArtRage “Oils”.

very natural, a lovely picture :)

Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art - Leonardo da Vinci
    More than happy to receive C&C on anything I post
    Instagram
    https://www.instagram.com/the_henson_gallery/

Freesail

How was this picture created?

Solvent = Leaner Oil = Fatter Drawing is the basis of art. A bad painter cannot draw. But one who draws well can always paint. (Arshile Gorky)

“Thanks so much for commenting, and asking – This narrative is a fave of mine. From 4 refs. I sketched (the standard way) a rough, then found refs to match. As are almost all my posting on this site, this is Digitally painted. I used a Wacom Pro tablet, and ArtRage “Oils”.”

this is a really lovely picture:thumbsup: we are drawn into this composition, with the subjects, sense of light and perspective and atmosphere, if there was one more thing I’d love to see it would be the hand finished a bit more as it is right in the foreground, and would complete the circle my eye seems to follow.

Mac

Mac – You busted me. I noticed that After I posted. I figured no one would actually notice, since there are plenty of other things I would change, also!

hmshood5

Very idyllic scene, nice soft lighting!

"All of us get lost in the darkness... Dreamers learn to steer by the stars"
            www.brianfioreart-aviartisa.com

hms – Thank you!

The muted palette works really well together.

Nathan.
            C&C always appreciated.
            My art on Instagram

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.