Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to share one of my newest sculptures. I’ve been doing quite a few birds lately…they’re so fun to make. They beg for interesting embellishments and funny proportions. So I’d like to share this one for starters…The Messenger.

I bought a bag of old perm rods and bobby pins at a junk sale several years ago, and those parts have been a bird-making haven! The perm rods have a certain beak-like look to them, and I’ve made a few birds with them.

The Messenger is made with fencing and paddle wire. His head is one of those perm rods, his wings are metal pendants of some sort (I think they may have been part of a necklace once). A vintage chain cascades down his back, ending in a flared tail made from an old earring. As I was making this bird, I thought there was something ancient and dinosaur-like about him. I ended up adding a metal piece of a necklace at the base of his neck to suggest spines or feathers. From his beak, hanging by a chain, is a glass bottle with a roll of paper inside. The bottle is closed with a bit of leather. I had a lot of fun making this one. :)

C&C welcome. Thank you for looking!

Jenna

My website: https://www.thecozyred.com/

PaintBoss

Oh well done Jenna! Looks awesome!! Great job incorporating materials to best effect, and love the whimsy of the message in the bottle!

~Christine
        🇨🇦

fedetony

What a lovely piece

Federico Garcia
            My Blog
            C&C always welcome :D

"...when someone gives a critique of your work, fear not. It usually means they like or care more of your work than when they just pat your back." - Tiago

Triduana

This is such fun Jenna. I love the beak and wings in particular, and the message in a bottle is a lovely touch!

Kay D - Edinburgh, Scotland

So long, and thanks ...

CaliAnn

I LOVE this! You are so incredibly gifted – just awesome :)

Barbra G

Always enjoy your sculptures. So Creative.

I Just Love Your Sculptures. This one is exceptionally good!

Love it!

Christel

So creative! I like all his embellishments. Very good to look at.

Penny
                        I live in Wiltshire, England
                        “If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” -Will Rogers

Equus Art

You are soooooo stinking creative!! This sculpture is so much fun to look at. What a delightful imagination you have going on!

Cat

Cat Choyce ~ Artistic Hand Studio
                            http://www.cathychoyce.com

Wow. You’re all so kind! :heart:

Thank you very much, Christine. I’m so glad you like this sculpture!

Thank you, Federico!

Thank you for the nice comments, Kay! I had several ideas for what he should hold in his beak, but the bottle was what I went with. I’m glad you like it.

CaliAnn, thank you so much for your wonderful comment! :)

Barbra, thank you for the comments!

Skylar, thank you! I’m thrilled you like my sculptures. They are really fun to make. :)

Thank you, Christel!

Thank you, Penny. I’m glad you like the embellishments – it’s so much fun going treasure hunting for these pieces. :)

Cat, thank you very much! I’m flattered by your lovely comments. :)

Jenna

libra

This is just wonderful, I bet you had so much fun putting him/her together!

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Joan
                                jonc50

Delightfully unique!

water girl

I know a smile is approaching when I click on you thread. :thumbsup:

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Karen, IAPS/MC, PSA WC Moderator-Pastels

web site , Getting started in soft pastels., What you need to know, Critique Guide Lines

Thanks so much, Joan! I sure did have fun making this sculpture. :)

Jon, your comment is so wonderful. Thank you so much!

Karen, I’m thrilled my sculptures make you smile. Thanks very much!

Jenna

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.