WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Drawing and Sketching
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-11-2012, 05:14 PM

New New!

Heyy
My name is Shraddha aand ive been around wetcanvas for the past 2 years i think :P
I've been drawing/ painting ever since i was in kindergarten and decided to give it a shot by showing a portrait here that i've done recently. Another reason for me actually starting to show work is that i've JUST finished high school around 2 weeks back and i have ALOT more time on hand and plus, its pretty warm outside here in Dubai.
Thanks for looking
C&C welcome
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-11-2012, 06:58 PM
Over your shoulder

Hails from United States
Re: New New!

Hi Shrads ... welcome to posting at D&S.

You show a nice talent for art. There are a couple things I will point out for your consideration. First of all, turn the paper more when you draw. I think you have a tendency to keep the paper straight in front of you which can lead to some problems. For instance, notice his nose. The head is angled but the nose twists from between the eyes and goes perpendicular - just like the edge of the paper. The mouth follows the angle of the eyes enhancing the twist in the nose.

Secondly, make sure the irises are the same size. An easy way to do this is to get one eye the way you want it - in this case the left side eye. Then copy the sclera (white) triangle from the left side of the iris and then the right triangle. This should leave the iris in both eyes at about the same size as long as the opening is right.

Thirdly, when you are doing hair ... stroke direction will show. Be careful which direction you move the pencil. There are a few strokes here that go against the direction of hair growth and they tend to show.

Overall, however, you did a very nice job of this. It's not an easy angle to draw but you have given him volume showing you've been drawing for awhile. Keep on practicing and posting your work here. It always helps to have new eyes look at your work.
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-11-2012, 07:47 PM
WC! Guide
Argentina

Hails from Argentina

Hi, Shadrha and wellcome to D&S!. You are young and you already have some ground on drawing.

I agree with ken`s advices.

You are looking at a head which is slightly turned to our right side on the screen.

That way the nearer eye, on our left side should be a little larger than the far eye.

I would advice you to start with images of reference with the head straight, and after practicing that move onto images with the head tilted which are more difficult to render and they are a challenge to our brains. Our brain is used to think by a simbolic way and the tilted head is full of shapes and lines that go against our minds.

I am glad that you are enjoying drawing being so young and I wish you good practice , patience and enjoyment.

Saludos

Luicre
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 04-12-2012, 02:26 AM
Sheffield, England

Hails from United Kingdom

Ken has made some very good points here, I started by taping my paper squarely to the board and soon realised that, to draw certain detail in that position was very difficult, so now I turn my paper any which way to achieve the results I want.
Finally, enjoy your drawing and keep on posting, they are all a great bunch here in the drawing & sketching forum, there is much talent around and are all glad to offer any help & advice that they can give.

"The longest & hardest route to the end of your journey, is often the most rewarding."