Home Forums Explore Media Watercolor Palette Talk ** Daily Wash Friday 19th January 2018**

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    shipbroker

Beat Annie to it today.

Poor night again,freezing out there so no plans till I see how bad the drive to the road is.

Geoff

" This is a wonderful day, I have never seen this one before" -Maya Angelou

Bill

Hi Geoff, sorry for your poor night. It’s freezing here too, but will warm for the next three days.
            Bill

Be kinder than necessary

RickH

Hey evening time here……flu bug is bad everywhere……hiding as much as I can…….hope everyone is well……….very warm winter this year and very little rain in the desert………stay well everyone…….

Good morning all :wave:

We had a frost last night, still no snow, clear skies.

Only about 5 hours sleep here, woke at 4.45 with the radio still on in my ear :rolleyes:

We are both almost over our colds and have managed to escape the’flu so far :crossfingers:

Good luck with the snow blower Bill.

Will do the weekly shopping today.

I have an idea for a painting, got the idea from CIYL. Cindy Hutton a NZ artist often puts kids on a different background from the original photo.

Doug

We must leave our mark on this world

Wind Song

Hi Everyone:wave: freezing here too:lol:

Steve
                    Sharon….that’s great news about your friend Julia….will definitely be adding her to my morning coffee chats with God….I too have kidney issues resulting from the Acromegaly. We have to monitor the levels every other month (Creatinine, Bun and GFR)…..right now my functions are holding at about 75% as of last month’s test. I suspect that’s dropped some, hence the gout flareup (uric acid buildup)….we tend to forget just how intricately intertwined our systems are and how easily we can damage them and what the ripple effect is. Hopefully, the chance to be in her studio with you and her other friends will be the spark she needs to keep fighting. Positive support is a God send for those dealing with life altering/ending conditions…..it has worked for me. I don’t know where I would be if I hadn’t tied in to a couple of Acromegaly support groups online. My best thoughts to Julia, you and her other friends.

What beautiful sentiments…as she lost her son and husband in the last 3 years. I think she may be dying of a broken heart!!! I respect her views!
                    I have had some wonderful memories with her. We have the same views and still carry the same liberal card. I guess you would know that we do not support the idiot in the white house.
                    I will pass on your thoughts to Julia, and friends, and then I will go and feed my needy poddle, Monet, and my cat Smokey!!!

Hope your leg gets better soon!

I know abit of what that is like as last Christmas I broke my Tibula, Fibula, and Coxyic sp? in my back. In four casts for four months and it was horrid, came out of my studio and tripped over Monet.. actually saw that and dove over him and that is what happened to me. OMG

Don’t dive over your poodle!!! LOL:wink2:

If the magic is with the artist, then the magic might also be possible for the observer!
                    Sharon

http://sharonamer.blogspot.com/

doppler

Good evening all.

Another beautiful day today. Sunshine and cool breezes.

Give a thought to the Australian Open tennis players in Melbourne. Ambient temp 40C and on court 60c plus. Although they are elite athletes, there is something wrong with continuing in that heat.

Good news from NZ. After facing down the critics who said, are you going to have children, if not why not, and how can you have a career and children … the lovely Jacinda, Prime Minister expecting a baby this year and has not conceded an inch to the naysayers. As she said, she not the first woman to multitask. :heart: :clap: :clap:

Sharon, don’t fall for your poodle. Cats like to lie on the stairs in the dark at night. Feet have to act like minesweepers.

BBL

Annie
                        "On the other hand, you have different fingers".
                        Steven Wright
                        My Flickr Site

Lulu

:wave:all…
                            Yes indeed Annie. The wonderful thing too is that they were told that they would ‘need help’ to conceive. Well they didn’t!
                            She has a good partner and family. Her dad is High Commisioner of Nuie.
                            Very happy for them. We have two other women MP’s with babies.
                            Will provide me with lots more cartoon material too as the old tuatara takes over while she is on maternity leave lol

Watching Hidden Figures tonight. Excellent movie. Have to say that i am shocked at the segregation of that time.

Lulu

Proud to be Kiwi!

shipbroker

Bright but freezing…didn’t go to pool….may try gym later.

geoff

" This is a wonderful day, I have never seen this one before" -Maya Angelou

Bill

I awoke early too.

Looking forward to your next painting, Doug.

Sharon, what a sacrifice for a pet. Makes one reconsider having a pet in later years, as breaking a fall with a roll is for the younger set.

Annie :lol: mind-sweeping for cats.
                                    Bill

Be kinder than necessary

ScarletLake

:cat: TGIF Everyone TGIF:cat:

Well this cat mama is not a happy camper. Someone has decided that they want outside but are not allowed & the scratching on the patio door woke me & husband up. I didn’t even go to bed till 1AM & the minute I got under covers hubby cell phone rings. He did not even hear it. A call from work. Turns out no computer / internet working d/t a scheduled maintenance with the cable provider or some such mess but no one told anyone not even the IT Dept. So we both have been up & down all night.:eek: :eek:

But as you know all cat children are happy as can be now.:lol: :lol:

I decided to get out of the house yesterday & visited the Dollar tree for some crafting supplies & Hobby Lobby. I had a gift card from HL. I was gone all afternoon.:eek: :eek: I got tons of stuff:clap: :clap:

I was however just soooo very sad yesterday. I got a text from DIL that my son is still very depressed. I’m not sure what he has come up against or who over there but this is just not like him. To date I don’t think he has seen or talked to anyone like a Dr or therapist. Maybe he is afraid that would cause him more trouble. Anyhow it’s going to be a long 6 months.

I just fought the saddness all afternoon but as I read in a book this fall “Sometimes you just have to lean in to the Suck”!!!!

I’ll have to go back later today to catch up with yesterday’s post.

Wishing everyone a good Friday.

Anita

rossmarie

Good morning all from a brilliant blue sky in beautiful Herefordshire. Cold wind but above freezing and great to see the winter sunshine.
                                            I seem to have joined the ‘old crocks’ brigade having almost lost the use of my legs and control of my fingers since Christmas. Been diagnosed with Chronic Inflammatory De- myenilating Polyneuropathy. What a mouthful! Basically damage to the sheathing of the peripheral nerve system. Apparently treatable – thank God.
                                            Life has been one round of Hospital visits and tests but, as many of you will have experienced, the family have come up trumps. My wife, daughter ( a doctor) and son-in-lawe have been wonderful to me. Very frustrating that I find it very difficult to put brush to paper at the moment but I’ll get there. There are many worse off than me.

So enough of this – the sun is still shining in an almost completely blue sky. Time to put on some music and dream up my next watercolour ‘masterpiece’ … surprising how good they are in my imagination!!

So glad I don’t live in Melbourne just now – playing tennis in 40 deg plus’ ? Happens every year. Isn’t there anywhere cooler they could stage the Australian Open? And talking of you lovely Aussies what happened in the cricket 2nd ODI in Brisbane? Seems us Poms aren’t so bad after all! And with that thought I’ll leave you. Have a good day in ‘unseasonably mild’ Arizona,
                                            boiling Melbourne, windy and chilly Scotland …….. wherever you are..

Mike :) :thumbsup:

:wave:

Been a long day and dinner at Tanias tonight. Wonderful evening..

Ross, it is an intense game eh..

:grouphug: to all :grouphug:

Uschi, thank you muchly appreciated. :heart:

Darla, thanks xx I hope your “warm” weather continues..

Oh Char, YES!!! Wow what a change with all the snow!!! :grouphug: I hope you get some relief :grouphug:

Bed time for me..

:wave:everyone.

JJ
                                            Let go of past mistakes and hurts. Forgive and empower yourself. Live the life you were meant to live. And, be at peace with yourself.
                                            MY BLOG
                                            My Youtube videos

Uschi

Good Morning!!

It’s interesting, yesterday at -4C felt colder than the -15C we had, it was a damp cold and the wind was unpleasant too.

Today’s forecast is for -1C, some sunshine and of course the wind.

Son and DIL are going to Niagara Falls for a special dinner where every single dish is made with some ice wine in it. They are going with friends and staying over night so I am picking up Ava from school and she will sleep over at her cousins house.

There is a reason why I received Louise Penny’s book so quickly, I accidentally ordered a french version of one of her books:confused: :confused: :rolleyes: So I am on the library waiting list again for the Glass Houses.

Grandson Ethan called last night, he is trying to learn German, and called so he could practice “speaking” it. He is a mere beginner but doing well at it.

:grouphug: Anita:grouphug: I feel for you.

((((((Ellen))))))) yes, not a good start to the new year, I hope everyone improves healthwise.

(((((((Mike))))))))) Where on earth did that suddenly come from??? Hopefully the medication helps quickly and properly. Wonderful that your family is so supportive and that you enjoy living where you do.

Sharon, as a friend you are in a bit of a dilemma, you want your friend to live but you also don’t want her to suffer, physically and emotionally. That was one heck of a fall for you, I hope all all the broken bones back to normal again:crossfingers:

Steve, hopefully your foot is even better today.

Geoff, on an average, how many caravans go on these outings??? Sorry about yet another poor night.

Doug, good to hear that you and Ruth are cold free again.

Rick, glad you dropped in.

Annie, playing in that heat is inhuman, I really don’t know how they can survive that.

Lulu, I think that is the first time ever that I heard of a prime minister going on maternity leave, who’ll be looking after the country’s affairs?? Annie, that’s not multitasking, that’s resting:lol: :lol:

:wave: to ALL!!

Uschi

(((Mike))) what a blow, hope that the treatment works quickly.

Brightened up this afternoon and 5C.

Doug

We must leave our mark on this world

HarvestMoon

Dang I spent a half hour, typing directly in this window since I was on a ‘real’ computer….only to post and have the computer say it was no longer connected to the internet!!

Only thing I guess that is worth repeating that on Herbdoc.com (Dr. Schulze) there is a package of many supplements (herbs etc) designed to detox, boost immunity, improve nutrition, and cleanse. It is called the INCURABLES program and a LOT of people with incurable diseases have actually overcome them applying this, healthy eating, de-stressing, etc. They have a code good till the 21st LIVE2018 that gives you a 15 percent discount. I finally commited to doing it. It is so expensive that I really MUST do it and not let it go to waste. It might help others whose Drs. have no real cure, only things to manage symptoms.

Nancy I was once told, when working in downtown Dallas during an icy cold winter that it was colder there than Anchorage by folks who lived there. The tall buildings act as a canyon funneling winds.

Darla I finished the scarf, need to get it in the mail!
                                                    have a great day everyone!

Harvest Moon 🐐

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)
                                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.