Home Forums Explore Subjects Fantasy and Sci-Fi Art Strange seas WIP

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Slammer

Some time ago I did the picture of a German type VIIc U-boot that had gotten lost, I did not really like the picture but I do like the idea of a lost U-Boot turning up in a very different ocean, so I wanted to revisit the topic and try again.
        The base is a photo I took of a Type VIIC German submarine that is moored here in the Grand Harbour in Valletta. I am vectorising it line for line in Illustrator and will add basic colouring before it goes into Photoshop for shading and creating the sea and sky.
        Let´s see how this picture turns out.

Slammer

Got some basic shading done and I thought: “Why not make a rusty U-Boot?”

That first picture is cool but maybe the boat is a little too lost in the dark. :p Will be interesting to see what you do with it this time.

C&C always welcome. Michelle

mkmcreations.com
            Every painting is a new adventure.

Slammer

I wanted to get a dark-eerie and mysterious look to the picture but as you say it just became too dark.

talisman

It is very cool, great sky with all the various planets and moons, maybe a tad lighter on the U boat, but I really love the distorted reflections!

Dianna WC! Guide: Fantasy/Sci-Fi Art
                    C and C always welcome.
                    My DeviantArt Gallery

Attalus

I vote with the others to lighten Commander Prien and his merry men :)

Bill was a long time valued member of our community who passed away after a lengthy illness. We will miss him. Rest in peace.

"Modern art is what happens when painters stop looking at girls and persuade themselves that they have a better idea."- John Ciardi

My dA page:http://attalus.deviantart.com/

Nice rust work, that looks good.

The Purple Dog Painting Blog
                        Find me on Instagram
                        Find me on Facebook

Slammer

Just being doing some studies on how I want the background, I think a Oil on water effect will be the way I want it. I have called the planet “Haluzigenica” in the Rainbow nebula. Waddya think?

hmshood5

This looks awesome! Great concept! I do space art myself and am a major WWII history nut!

"All of us get lost in the darkness... Dreamers learn to steer by the stars"
                                www.brianfioreart-aviartisa.com

Slammer

So you recognise the U-Boot then?

Boafamily

Nice stuff here.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.