Home Forums Explore Subjects Florals and Botanical Background frustrations ex oil pastel forum

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author

I’m having ‘fun’ with changing my background colors. Which works the best though? A4 using oi pastels

Christel

bluefish

all attractive but I prefer the ‘warmth’ of the 1st one….:thumbsup: :wave:

Thanks Blue! It’s so interesting to hear the different tastes of the artists.

Christel

Triduana

I think they all work well, but I think I prefer the last one as the flower buds at the top stand out just a bit more. It’s a lovely picture, I like the little green beetle.

Kay D - Edinburgh, Scotland

So long, and thanks ...

eyepaint

Agree with Kay M. The last one is best. :)

-- EP Moderator for:
                All Media Art Events, Artwork From Life, Art Journals

Thanks Kay and EP!

Christel

Shanec

All are good Christel and so are the backgrounds. :)

Shane

https://artbyshanec.com

Thanks Shane!

Christel

The reds and purples have more dynamism, the blue is quieter – so maybe it’s in the viewer’s eye!!!

Have you tried a more diagonal aspect – light up in the top right where the shapes are darker and darker bottom left where the flower is light?
                    Just a thought – and another experiment!:lol: …. or even a curved diagonal like the arcs of radiating light.:)

Cheers, Maureen

Forum projects: Plant Parade projects in the Florals/Botanicals forum , WDE in the All Media Art Events , Different Strokes in Acrylics forum .

Ladysue

One is my least favorite. A bit too bright and sort’of blinding.
                        Two is interesting and warming, very girly boudoir-ish velvet almost.
                        Third I find more realist and makes the flowers stand out more, but also a little more conventional.

So I’d say two and three would find a place in my moods, one, not so much.

Hope that was not too opinionated.:crossfingers: :clear:

Ladysue

Christel – A really interesting exercise! All are lovely! But everyone has a different preference – so it just goes to show – “beauty is in the eye of the beholder” or in this case the artist!

I prefer the pink background. The 1st one with the purple background is a bit “in your eye” and the 3rd and last one – after viewing the previously two, – it looks a bit staid and ordinary. Colour is certainly a individual thing!

Well done Christel, an interesting Discussion :thumbsup:

Moderator: Animal & Wildlife, Floral & Botanical, Watermedia

Maureen – thanks for those thoughts. For the next exercise though. I see I should rather lighten off center too.
                        LadySue – my thoughts too.
                        Vivien – good points to keep in mind. I’m just not used to going bold I guess.

Christel

bluefish

interesting data here…..I’m an impressionist and like bold color, but different individuals see ‘color’ differently…

we generally all have three areas of our retina who focas on color but 2-3 % of woman, have a 4th focal point in their retinas, allowing them to see almost limitless blend of color..:thumbsup:

Very interesting.Thanks for that info.

Christel

jonc50

I like the third one…but all are well done.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.