Home Forums Explore Subjects Animal and Wildlife Subjects The "Animal Inn" our Chatroom for – MayJuneJulyAugust 2018

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 117 total)
  • Author

Hullo to everyone! :wave:
    Here’s our Chatroom for the next 4 months – May/June/July/August 2018
    We welcome all members to visit here and have a chat with us – we chat about everything and you can also post photos of interest here too, if you would like to.

Our previous month’s – Jan/Feb/Mar/April Chatroom – is here;
    https://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1440109&page=13

Looking forward to chatting with you all! :clap:

Moderator: Animal & Wildlife, Floral & Botanical, Watermedia

Well as it is Tuesday the 1st of May in New Zealand today, it is my Dog’s 3rd birthday!
    Yes, my extremely naughty, cheeky, lovable Jack Russell “Pippa” has made it to her 3rd birthday! Something of a milestone for her, as she was such a mischievous little dog the first year of her life. I’ve never owned such an extremely naughty, agile, quick (especially when I’m trying to catch her) little dog! And I’ve had dogs all my life and other JK’s as well.

Never, have I had such a dog as Pippa used to be, when younger! Many miss-deeds for the first 2 years of her life, including chasing my Mini-Horse Star Dreamer around the paddock, and the cattle….until they turned around and chased her back! She didn’t like that! And jumping over every gate and fence on our property! My goodness she could jump high – easily human shoulder height! But at least she’s stopped jumping over gates now. (Probably too fat to jump too high now!) That’s a relief, as although we live in the country, and have a long drive to the road,….it’s a very busy road, and she could have easily been hit by a car.

She still stares fixedly at the floor when sitting in the back-seat of the car. Weird! But I guess she thinks that’s where the noise comes from so she better keep an eye on the floor?! Who would know!
    She still loves going to the Vet! Weird also, as most of our dogs just about had to be carried in kicking and struggling! But not Pippa….it’s the most wonderful place in the world apparently!
    But yes, she has quietened down considerable now she’s 3….it’s only taken her 3 years!
    And yes we love her dearly….naughty little monkey that she is!

Here’s Pippa official 3rd Birthday photo

Happy birthday, Pippa. What a good girl to sit so nicely for your photo. Your mum has told us all about you and I hope you continue to behave. Woofs and pats for you. 🐾🐾🐾

Penny
    I live in Wiltshire, England
    “If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” -Will Rogers

Penny – Pippa says thank you very much and yes she very much enjoyed her birthday cake made of icecream. And no it wasnt her that chewed the ear off her brand new birthday cuddly toy….must have been some other dog! :thumbsup: :)

djbuds

Happy Birthday Pippa🎂👏🎶

C&C are always welcome
        Donna

Donna – Pippa says thank you! Shes very subdued today – probably got a tummy ache from chewing the ear off her new birthday toy!

djbuds

Hi Viv, Hope Pippa is feeling from chewing fest of fuzzy ears!
            I have a question, is there any trend on here that can help with how to charge people for your artwork? How do you all figure out how to charge?

C&C are always welcome
            Donna

What a silly-billy, Pippa. I hope you are back to your usual self. 🐾🐾👋

Penny
            “If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” -Will Rogers

Pat

Happy birthday Pippa! Its been fun to hear about her adventures since you got her, she was such a cute puppy, and is still a cutie-patootie!

I’m taking a month off from most of my teaching, (just 1 class for now) won’t get back to teaching adults till the fall, but from mid-June till mid-August, I’ll be co-teaching a kids summer art camp. I’m sure it will make the summer fly by!

This month, I’m re-doing the guest room/studio. My art stuff is just out of control and has taken over every free inch! I ordered a new couch/sleeper that is arriving on Friday, so I’m trying to relocate as much “stuff” as I can to the living room till I figure out where its all going to go,lol. Its so hard to throw things out, but I just don’t have room since we moved. Trying not to stress out.:eek:

The reward will be a 4-day visit from our younger son at the end of the month. And hopefully, I’ll have a better organized studio by then, too!

~Pat

Pat St.Onge/ FineArtAmerica
                PAWS Painter (Etsy)

Rollo, Nico and Ludo went home today. They had been staying since Tuesday.

Penny

Chammi – great to have you back again! Hope your holiday went well.

Penny – Lovely photo of the 3 Greyhounds! How are you keeping?

It was my birthday on 15th May, and I went with some friends down to Bluff to the Stirling Point Restaurant for lunch.

Stirling Point is at the bottom on New Zealand and the Restaurant is situated on a hill looking out into Foveaux Strait and the great Southern Ocean. The only other land is Stewart Island then there’s no more land until the Continent of Antarctica many thousand of miles away.

Normally we would have had a spectacular view, but a sea-fog rolled in so we couldn’t see much. But we had a short half-hour walk around the Foveaux Strait Walkway and then lunch – Bluff Oysters, yum – at the Restaurant. In Season, the Oyster Boats Fleet, go out every-day to dredge Oysters from the Foveaux Strait Oyster Beds. Foveaux Strait is one of the roughest, stretches of water in the world, so the Oyster and Fishing Fleet really work hard for their catches.

Here’s a photo of what little we could see through the fog, of Foveaux Strait.

I received flowers for my birthday from my family

Lovely photos and comments, all.

Vivien – Belated Happy Birthday! :heart: :heart: Hearing about Pippa is always a treat! Please accept my apologies for continuing to post in the April forum. I went away in April, and came back in May, and continued to post in the same forum. :o I thought it was odd that no one else was posting there. :lol:

I posted some photos and info about my trip in the April forum. After 30 years of self-employment, I am beyond excited to finally start some travelling! :cat:

Joy
                C & C encouraged!

Thanks for the photos, Viv. Your walk and lunch sound very nice. What lovely flowers! They would be a nice subject for your to paint.

I am getting over the cough and cold, but not there, yet. I walked the dogs early, while I had energy, on a sunny but surprisingly cold morning, due to the NE wind. I’m lying down, now, for the morning.

It must be good to be able to enjoy your retirement and travel, Joy.

Penny

Joy – That’s ok, don’t worry about it! I thought I’d make a new Animal Inn every 4 months. So this one is for May/June/July August. Always glad to hear from members and your photos were wonderful! Sounds as if you are having a great retirement! :thumbsup:
                My hubby and I did a lot of holidays, travelling the world when we took early retirement 25 years ago. We had a big holiday once a year, most years, and saw many wonderful countries. I’m really glad we did that then, as we are both feeling the effects of arthritis etc now we are older. But we have lots of terrific holiday memories and photos!

Penny – Thank you. It’s hard doing normal things like dog-walking when you aren’t well isn’t it! I loved your photo of the 2 dogs with the ball. Isn’t that always the way of it. You buy a toy for one of them and the other dog always wants it! My sons, Labrador “Finn”, and daughter-in-law”s German Shepherd “Indy”, do exactly the same – Indy wants it and Finn says she can’t have it!

I guess everyone watched the Royal Wedding? Wasn’t it great viewing and didn’t her dress suit her! it was simply elegant, and stunning!

With our advanced time-zone in New Zealand, it was 11.00pm on Saturday night when it was on live from the UK, so I went to bed and watched it on the bedroom tv as it didn’t finish until 1.00am Sunday morning NZ time.

But it was really worth watching, and I loved the whole thing. And even the weather co-operated as it looked a beautiful, sunny day! :thumbsup:

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 117 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.