WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > The Art Business Center > General Art Business > Internet Sales Strategies
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

View Poll Results: Using a Print On Demand site? Which do like best?
Zazzle 28 20.74%
RedBubble 7 5.19%
CafePress 6 4.44%
Other? (Tell us about it) 16 11.85%
I don't POD, but want to see the poll result. 78 57.78%
Voters: 135. You may not vote on this poll

Our Sponsors

#76   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-01-2015, 10:20 AM
Atlanta

Hails from United States
Re: POD POLL: Zazzle, RedBubble, CafePress or ???

I've been on Fine Art America for years and haven't sold a thing there. I refuse to upgrade to add more images until I get the money in sales to pay for the upgrade. Cafe Press was just too hard to manipulate. I like Society 6 a lot, but am getting most of my results with Zazzle.
[
  #77   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-03-2015, 11:01 PM
Veteran Member
Arizona

Hails from United States

I used to say good things about RedBubble, but recent changes there have been a hot mess. I no longer can recommend it!
  #78   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-04-2015, 01:47 AM
A Local Legend
Utah

Hails from United States

You won't get any sales on FAA without promoting your images heavily, and the more you have the better your chances, 25 just isn't enough. At $30/year it's far cheaper than most places for the features you get. Also consider this, since you set your own markups with FAA your income from one sale on FAA can easily equal what you get from many sales on Zazzle.
  #79   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-29-2015, 01:58 PM
United Kingdom

Hails from United Kingdom

I've made more money through Zazzle than anywhere online to date. You can earn more on bulk items and that's what you aim to promote, at least that's my way of doing it.

My art blog Draw Fantasy Art
  #80   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-03-2015, 06:48 PM
Veteran Member
Arizona

Hails from United States

If you're just joining a POD I think you'd have an easier time on RB than long time members. I disabled all my product options when the last format changes required constant editing. For months now I've been seeing others complain, though in a dwindling amount, that this is still happening. Mostly a problem if you have hundreds or thousands of images there that require attention. I'm glad I'm sitting it out and might just decide to be done with PODs. I can still buy my stuff on private view, and do sometimes. CURIOUS...do other PODs have these format changes that throw everything into chaos, too?
  #81   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-04-2015, 03:10 PM
Veteran Member
Florissant, MO

Hails from United States

Great thread! I've been using Zazzle since the early 90's and a lot has changed since then. Not many choices for sellers, anymore, in terms of how your shop appears to buyers. That used to be the big "thing" - the personal look of your shop. Now it's all pretty sterile looking and everybody's shop looks the same.

If you have something that sells more than half a dozen times it will, more than likely continue to sell and ignore the changes as time passes. I have one design that sells regularly on a variety of products and it has sold multiple copies worldwide. I wish someone would just buy a license for the image and sell products in brick and mortar stores. But, I'm happy with what I make there - about enough to buy a box of pastels or some tubes of paint.

Maybe next I'll try some of my painted art and see what happens.

R/Mike
  #82   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-15-2015, 05:51 AM
Enthusiast

Hails from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy Schnackel
CURIOUS...do other PODs have these format changes that throw everything into chaos, too?

Every POD site I've ever been part of operates exactly like that. I'm on RedBubble, Zazzle, and Fine Art America, and am currently doing the Chaos Shuffle with all of them!

Truly -- it never ends.
  #83   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-28-2015, 04:52 PM
Veteran Member
Arizona

Hails from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by EyeSpy
Every POD site I've ever been part of operates exactly like that. I'm on RedBubble, Zazzle, and Fine Art America, and am currently doing the Chaos Shuffle with all of them!

Truly -- it never ends.

Thanks for this! Sorry I didn't see it til today. I have not had the best computer/internet access for awhile, and this was one of the sites I just couldn't manage well on the phone so I didn't visit it for awhile.