Home Forums Explore Media Photography The Shutterbug Pub Sunrise Series

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Humburger

I got up and thought the sky looked particularly lovely and so I set up the tripod on the back deck and took a succession of photos about one or two minutes apart. I was in my jammies and it was about 30 degrees (F), so I would press the shutter button (I can’t think of the name of that button…old age…) and go inside and thaw or sweep the deck or tend to the dog, etc. I actually got 36 shots, but didn’t want to post that many. I thought it was a neat thing to flip through and watch the sun rise. But, here are a few photos so that you can get the idea. I didn’t do a whole lot of editing, just color balance, contrast, and saturation. In the last shot, I tried to clone over the feeder showing in the upper right corner, but it didn’t work in the other shots because of the clouds. Anyway, I hope these are worth looking at. Of course, it was much more beautiful in person…

I did shift the tripod over a little halfway through the series, because I thought I was going to miss the sun coming up over the trees. That caused me to pick up the piece of bird feeder. Looking at them, again, they don’t seem so magnificient, but it was a nifty exercise in photography.

Ginny
        www.virginiacmccoy.com
        C & C Welcome

Ginny,
        this was a good exercise.

I prefer the photos at the bottom of the list with more of the blue sky peaking through. I also like the sun emerging from behind the trees. The rings of red/orange glow sure look good with the blue sky. What aperture did you use? I see that you began to get some nice starbursts. A very small aperture, like F 22 produces many nice crisp rays of sunlight. The number of rays depends on the type of lens you are using.

Thanks for sharing. I keep rolling my computer screen up and down to see the sun rise and then the sun set! :lol:

Photography is the art of observation. It has little to to with the things you see and everything to do with the way you see them. Elliott Erwitt
        Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II, Zuiko 14-150 mm zoom, Zuiko 2.8 60mm macro, Sigma 2.8 Fish Eye. Nikon D5100

Dreamin

What a nice series. That first one looks like a winter sky, with snow on the way….LOL!!

Natalie

Greenhill

And so a new day begins, Ginny!

MY FLICKR
                OLYMPUS OM-D E-M1 Mark II * OM-D M5 MkII * XZ2 * XZ1 * E3[FONT="Georgia"]
                The camera kneads the dough, PP bakes the bread - Greenhill

Irishwhistler

Ginny,
                    A cool project. 👍

Mike 🍀🇮🇪🇺🇸

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.