Home Forums Explore Media Drawing and Sketching Ginny WIP (x-post in Portraiture Forum)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    rickycorbett

I’m participating in the portrait swap in the Portraiture Forum where I have the pleasure to be paired with Humburger (Ginny). Here is a work in progress image of my interpretation of Ginny.

This is 9 x 12 on Bristol Smooth paper. For the skin tone, I’m using a Derwent Graphic pencil with a 2H lead and a Prismacolor Torquoise drawing pencil with a 2B lead (really only because I don’t have a 2B pencil in Derwent). I’m using a circulism type technique where I’m making tiny overlapping circular motions. I’m starting the hair as well using Pentel P205 mechanical pencil with 2B and 4B leads. I’m also using a mono zero eraser to “draw” white strands of hair as well. This will get better, I promise :D

-Ricky :)

Looks fine to me, old boy. Hair is just a technique but nothing particularly hard. A bit time consuming, of course, but everything worth doing generally is. With practice it gets easier and faster.

ArtsyBren

Ginny is coming along and don’t let Ken call you old! He’s older, I’m sure!:lol:

http://s3.amazonaws.com/wetcanvas-hdc/Community/images/23-Apr-2012/58254-RoseFINISHED.jpg

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.