Home Forums Explore Subjects Figure, The Je$$ica

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    WoodyWelch

Charcoal pencils on poster board. The first “skeletal ” drawing is what was accomplished using an overhead projector which helped me get all the demarcations and proportions correct in a reasonable amount of time. Once that was done I taped my board atop my angled drawing table and began to VERY LIGHTLY sketch in the detail and shading. The image was big enough and the shading light enough so that not much smoothing out and blending was needed but I still used Q-Tips and fingertips and whatever was at my disposal to get smooth shading on the drawing. I prefer doing this by hand rather than just uploading the image into the computer and having a “smudge tool” do all the shading although I have done that too, at times. The hair was done last using some Gesso after the charcoal was fixed.

Admissions of an overhead projector? Tut;) I’m still toying with this for quick and easy images to sell on Ebay. Your blending is superb. Do you sell these Woody? If so, what market do you sell in (no not the local Fruit and Veg market, I know)

Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art - Leonardo da Vinci
        More than happy to receive C&C on anything I post
        Instagram
        https://www.instagram.com/the_henson_gallery/

123harry

It is very interesting to see your method. The result is certainly slick and stylish. I can appreciate that time is of the essence for a professional graphic artist. I know that a lot of ‘serious’ artists, Hockney for example, use projectors. It’s just an update of the camera obscura used by da Vinci and his contemporaries.

C&C always welcome.
            Instagram harry.hamill

WoodyWelch

Admissions of an overhead projector? Tut;) I’m still toying with this for quick and easy images to sell on Ebay. Your blending is superb. Do you sell these Woody? If so, what market do you sell in (no not the local Fruit and Veg market, I know)

I’ve been a professional illustrator for over forty years, based in Los Angeles, and made a lot of money working in movies and tv advertising where you make the big bucks but don’t get any recognition. I got tired of making other people look good so I semi-retired and now do stuff for my own amusement. I still occasionally do magazine covers and the like ( I uploaded one below) and sometimes I still work in advertising, like the Troma Films pre-release poster to POULTRYGEIST (also below). Sometimes people see my art in online galleries and contact me for commissions. But I mostly do what I want to do now…I invested well and don’t have to worry about money:cool:

WoodyWelch

It is very interesting to see your method. The result is certainly slick and stylish. I can appreciate that time is of the essence for a professional graphic artist. I know that a lot of ‘serious’ artists, Hockney for example, use projectors. It’s just an update of the camera obscura used by da Vinci and his contemporaries.

You’re absolutely right, Harry, because sometimes it’s not how good you are but who gets the work done the quickest that interests a publisher or editor. Very competitive industry. :)

Certainly a polished and professional finish with these, and its interesting to see what can be accomplished with conventional materials :thumbsup:

Mac

WoodyWelch

Certainly a polished and professional finish with these, and its interesting to see what can be accomplished with conventional materials :thumbsup:

Mac

When I was a little kid I learned to draw with a pencil and all these years later, I STILL do my best work in pencils. Old habits die hard. :)

ptrkgmc

Are those real?

WoodyWelch

Are those real?

Well…..no and not because of implants. I tend to improve on nature a lot when I’m doing erotica. Reality tends to bore me, although I can copy what exits in real life if I want to….I just prefer to amuse myself with fantasy :D

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.