Home Forums Explore Subjects Figure, The Some life sketches of unsuspecting strangers

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Constance

Recent life sketches…observing the people around me…

Instagram: unsuspectingstrangers

ArtistOz

Great effort Constance I know how difficult it is to capture people in the real keep it up and you will find drawing naked people who hold still much easier. :cat:

Bill,
            https://www.flickr.com/photos/artistoz/
            Instagram, billwperry

123harry

Really nice spontaneous sketches. These folk are well captured.

C&C always welcome.
                Instagram harry.hamill

Its a fun game isn’t it? I love to sketch the people around me, too!
                These are great, Constance!

bethany
                moderator in figures & portraits blogs: artbybethany life-presence
                website www.bethanyart.com
                My inspiration is art... because without art, we would just be stuck with reality. ~Daniel R. Lynch

WoodyWelch

Those sketches are terrific!!!! Well done!!!!:clap: :wave:

vhere
                        Constance

Thanks Bill. The girl with the glasses was actually very animated, so that was a challenge…Now, I can’t wait till the next life drawing session :)

Thank you so much Harry! Hoping to improve by observing more.

Bethany, yes, it’s quite exciting! I am slowly thickening my skin, drawing in public…but when caught by the ‘model’ it can be quite embarrassing….

Thanks Woody for the encouraging words :)

Vivien, thank you so much :)

earlselwyn

Years ago I got caught drawing a pretty girl on the other side of an art class I was taking. Even though I got a date out of it, I was really embarrassed. Any recommendations on how to carry out this type of gorilla art without getting caught? -E

instagram.com/earlselwyn/

Hope it’s ok to comment on your thread, Constance…

Earl, I have resorted to sitting on the beach with my pencil and small sketchpad hidden in a bag in front of me.
                                I pretend that I am taking notes in a tiny sketchpad on public transport. My ipad is good in cafes, too.
                                But when I am “sprung” as we say in Australia- I own it. I smile and show my sketches and talk about my art.
                                My kids were the worst when they were young- they would say loudly “Who are you drawing now, Mum??”

bethany
                                moderator in figures & portraits blogs: artbybethany life-presence
                                website www.bethanyart.com
                                My inspiration is art... because without art, we would just be stuck with reality. ~Daniel R. Lynch

Constance

Hope it’s ok to comment on your thread, Constance…

Earl, I have resorted to sitting on the beach with my pencil and small sketchpad hidden in a bag in front of me.
                                    I pretend that I am taking notes in a tiny sketchpad on public transport. My ipad is good in cafes, too.
                                    But when I am “sprung” as we say in Australia- I own it. I smile and show my sketches and talk about my art.
                                    My kids were the worst when they were young- they would say loudly “Who are you drawing now, Mum??”

What a good idea Bethany! Your kids must have known that you’d like to keep a low profile when drawing hehehe :D

Constance

Years ago I got caught drawing a pretty girl on the other side of an art class I was taking. Even though I got a date out of it, I was really embarrassed. Any recommendations on how to carry out this type of gorilla art without getting caught? -E

Earl, I think we can both follow Bethany’s method :D

I did some ‘unsuspecting’ sketches on holiday last year but I do find it a very furtive occupation. After a few days, people knew what I was doing and didnt seem bothered but I still dont feel comfortable. Constance, youve done some quite detailed work there:) Earl, I commend you…

Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art - Leonardo da Vinci
                                        More than happy to receive C&C on anything I post
                                        Instagram
                                        https://www.instagram.com/the_henson_gallery/

IndianaKate

Great sketches, Constance, and really good practice.

Kate

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.