Home Forums Explore Media Watercolor Watercolor Gallery Opera rose

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Zeldaquatic

I ‘ve heard about this color in many tutorials and I finally experiment it, maybe I should have mix it more to avoid this “Barbie rose”, and in an other way, dragon fruit are really pink ! 9/7
        I’m not satisfied with the attempt of “calligraphy” !

Thank you for your comments

Frederique

Lovely ! I saw once a video on youtube where the lady experimented with Opera Rose + other colors mixes…
            I’ll post the link here if I find it again.

Edit : it’s this one
            https://youtu.be/QgLaJCmVDJA

this one is interesting too
            https://youtu.be/FLEewpFtEMc

Kaylen

Just so you know , that color is fugitive,most of us avoid it as it is not permanent,

Kaylen Savoie
                https://www.savoieartist.com/
                At least twice a year,paint something better than you ever painted before.

KiwiKate

I had a tube of Opera and gave it to one of my instructors because she loves the color. I agree that a little mixing might have made the color a little less “Barbie”! ;-)

Kate
                    Henderson, Nevada
                    C&C always welcomed!

"Never ruin a good day by thinking about a bad yesterday". -- Anon.

Zeldaquatic

Thank you Frederique, Kaylen and Kate, I didn’t know this color was non permanent , good to know

Frederique

The second video I posted the link above is very informative concerning this fugitive thing : it seems that some brands are better lightfast than others.

calvin_0

that pink is so beautiful… Opera Rose isnt lightfast, but unlike other fugitive paint, it doesnt fade as well.. it just lose it’s vibrancy and goes back to it’s base which is quin magenta… this is why most people just recommend to use quin magenta instead of opera rose..

but if you want that kind of pink, there is no other way to get it.

BlissC

Beautifully vibrant, Zelda! :thumbsup:

Rachel
                                    C & C welcome!

"Living on the edge...trying to not fall off - and painting outside the lines!"
                                  Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.