WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > The Learning Center > Computers and Technology for Artists
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors
Closed Thread

#61   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-23-2008, 07:49 PM

Hails from Canada
Re: Just curious.. How many people on a Mac here?

I am also thinking of buying Photoshop Elements.

I love my Mac, even if I resemble the PC guy in the ads more than the cool Mac kid.

adrienne
  #62   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-24-2008, 06:50 AM

Hails from United States

I'm another mac user. It (macbook pro) is the only computer I've ever owned, and I adore it.
  #63   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-27-2008, 10:56 AM
Veteran Member
Enschede, The Netherlands

Hails from United Kingdom

I use a 20 inch iMac at home. I like it because I can readily switch between the normal OS X interface and a BSD shell, which allows me to run some of my work simulations at home, or test little things.
  #64   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-02-2008, 10:17 AM
A WC! Legend
NE Wisconsin Nicolet National Forest

Hails from United States

I teach both PC and Mac photoshop with computer graphic arts...had a PC system at home for about 12 years...but then was in need of a new system when Vista was just hitting the scene, and to be frank...I didn't want to risk a new system of a thing not yet tested or bugs worked out.

I bought a Duo Core 2 intel 250GB 20" Mac...and a 500GB external drive to make and store video...

Wow...my son had one, insisted as an artist I should have one (he is a high end caricaturist)...and, don't think I'll ever go back to a PC now!

No fear of viruses to speak of...system failures...user friendly, nice perks...

just...WOW!
  #65   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-07-2008, 07:08 AM
Central, Louisiana

Hails from United States

I have two pcs and a mac. The pcs are cheap and I don't really use them much for artwork. The mac on the other hand is my main work computer when doing digital art. I'd used macs before I'd gotten this one, but never owned them.

I prefer the macs because they're so smooth running, easy to maneuver, and the OS has always been much cooler than Windows. Though it seems Windows is trying to copy the Mac OS a bit now, they still can't seem to fix the huge flaws in their system. I can't stand Vista. Windows XP was so much more bearable somehow.
  #66   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-10-2008, 03:56 AM
Victoria, BC

Hails from Canada

I'm a mac user through-and-through. I've worked as a graphic designer professionally on both the mac and PC platforms and I'd choose a mac every time.

My main observation is that even though the programs you use are generally the same with PCs and Macs, you spend much less time concerned with the interface of the Mac. Everything works together. It's elegant and seamless. Things just work.
  #67   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-04-2008, 08:36 AM
Veteran Member
Enschede, The Netherlands

Hails from United Kingdom

I'll be getting a new Macbook (black, 2.4Ghz, 4GB ram) when I get back from holidays. I'll also be getting Vmware's Fusion, which will allow me to run both Linux, and Windows, seamlessly on it...switching between them without the need to reboot. I'm in a quandary though because I really need my holiday but cant wait till its over.
  #68   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-05-2008, 02:39 PM

I've been using PC for exactly 25 years now and I don't see any need to change.
  #69   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-07-2012, 01:15 PM
Lord of the Arts
Finland

Hails from Finland

I main computer is now Mac. I also have Amiga with many expansions and Pegasos2 PowerPC computer with MorphOS. I owned before i buyed Mac PC system and i never want it again if possible.
  #70   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-07-2012, 05:00 PM
A Local Legend
I am lucky enough to live near Mt. Rainier and the Seattle Fault.

Hails from United States

I am on my 4th Mac. My first was in the 80's . . . an Apple II-c. My next came in 2005, an iBook, which was stolen two years later in a burglary. Lost my digital camera and other stuff too. Replaced that with a MacBook, but the hard drive crashed a couple weeks ago. I had an external for back-up, but we had to put a new hard drive in the crashed Mac to retrieve data so it could then be transferred to my new MacBook Pro. I was just thankful I did not lose everything, and now my partner has my old MacBook on which to play poker with her friends.

However, I hate what happened to my photos in the newest version of iPhoto. I can't find anything in the new one. I have to go back to the old MacBook to locate photos, since the new library is arranged by Mac's ridiculous and random "events." They say that they are arranged by dates, but my stuff is all over the place. Thank goodness I had some stuff in folders, but a lot of it I just downloaded and left there, because I could find it by when I did it. If anyone has a simple way to find photos in the new format, I would be eternally, internally, and externally grateful!

My blog: http://passionforpigment.blogspot.com/
  #71   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-15-2012, 10:45 AM

I've used a Mac now for 5 years. My brother much prefers that...he works for Apple. But, it was my wife that broke me down...her and all of WIndows virus' and malware. Since moving to a Mac I haven't seen any of that junk, except at work (I'm on a PC here).

Personally, I don't use iPhoto. I use the Adobe Bridge, but I do not let it control anything. I use the old fashioned manual method of separating all my files in to folders. I am writing a database application to catagorize and find files. If I ever get it done...it'll be cool.
  #72   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-31-2012, 12:47 AM

Mac head for me!!
  #73   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-01-2014, 04:55 AM
Florida, USA

Hails from United States

I'm on an iMac with OS X Mavericks and Parallels so I can use Windows OS 8.1 at the same time.