Home Forums Explore Media Watercolor Palette Talk Daily Wash Thursday 7th November 2019

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    doppler

Good afternoon all.

Yep the days are getting longer enough for that.

Difficult day today. I may be away for a little while dealing with stuff. Not about me or Roger BTW.

To cheer us up, a fire weather warning for tomorrow, heat wind and tinder dry forests. :cool:

:wave:

Annie
        "On the other hand, you have different fingers".
        Steven Wright
        My Flickr Site

Good morning all, hi Annie:wave:

Hope your problems are resolved quickly Annie:heart:

Art class this morning, I’ll be painting the challenge reference.

Last evening’s talk, hot pot dinner was great and was supplemented by an impromptu performance by our local soprano Rachel Russel. What a tremendous voice she has!

Doug

We must leave our mark on this world

Attagran

Sorry Annie you are having to deal with stuff. Hope it all goes as well as it can.
            So lucky Doug to hear such talent.
            My mums home here was brilliant for concerts too and my mum loved live music. She was not keen on the sing alongs.. she had little voice so could not join in anyway. But she did not know the tunes.. but that was just her so other residents did enjoy them. Of course residents are becoming our age so more likely to enjoy the Beatles than war songs.

BlissC

Morning Annie, Doug and Attagran! Morning all, to those who wash up later, and huggles to all who need them :grouphug:

(((Annie))) I hope things get resolved quickly :heart:

Doug – It sounds like you had another great evening out

(((Attagran))) – Good to see you back. Are you still in hospital, or have you managed to escape home?

Very wet here this morning, and it’s forecast to stay like this all day. Grrr! Rain’s okay as long as I don’t have to go out in it! :lol: It only takes a couple of minutes for Rae to load me into the taxi, but it always feels much longer when it’s raining. Easy start to the day – my neurologists appointment isn’t until late morning so Rae’s picking me up at 11am. I’m going to have to wash my hair again though as it’s gone every which way but loose again. From the hospital it’s straight to work for the afternoon, then after work just across the road to the venue for the group practice PPG meeting.

Last night I took it easy. I wouldn’t normally do two days in a row in the office because it’s so physically draining, so I didn’t want to do much. I finished sketching out my bonfire and fireworks painting, and need to transfer it from my sketch book to paper today. I’m not entirely happy with the composition though – it’s so much easier working from a reference photo! I may post it in the Studio later as a WIP and see what all the lovely WCers think. I just feel that there’s something missing and that I’ve got too much ‘dead’ space.

Back later. :wave:

Rachel
                C & C welcome!

"Living on the edge...trying to not fall off - and painting outside the lines!"
                shadye1

Good Morning All.
                    Lovely sunny day so far but chilly.
                    Sweetiepie seems better but not eating much.
                    Elvis Hobo, is benefiting from the wastage.
                    Went out shopping and was whistling some old folk tunes.
                    Sweet Polly Oliver and Over the Hills and Far Away.
                    On my way out I could hear other people had picked up the tunes :cat:

doppler

Rod, :lol: :lol: .

Annie
                        "On the other hand, you have different fingers".
                        Steven Wright
                        My Flickr Site

Attagran

Does anyone know where to get natural sponges in Edinburg

Que Sera

Morning all. Good luck, Annie.

Rod, I’m amazed that Elvis Hobo can whistle :lol: :lol: :lol:

Attagran, great to hear you’re feeling better. Cass Art sell natural sponges. Apparently there’s a branch inside Blackwell’s Bookshop on South Bridge – I went to Uni in Edinburgh so that takes me back. You may need to order online and collect from the store, or you could have it delivered. Boots also sell them, as do Jackson’s the artist’s mail order company, and Amazon and EBay. Edinburgh Art Shop in Lauriston Place might sell them, and you might find one in a regular chemist. Prices vary widely. Hope this helps.

Burglar alarm man is here to service our alarm system so must dash. BBL.

QS

In all these things we are more than conquerors.

ScarletLake

:wave: Hello Everyone:wave:

Well it is 4:15AM here in Ohio. Up for a bit. I’m curled up on the couch in the best thing since sliced bread a heated throw:clap: :clap: .I bought it yesterday at Wal Mart. I just always feel chilled in our living room & also thought with the weather forecast for today of rain & Snow & Keith’s ear surgery on Friday morning it would feel like heaven to snuggle under when I brought him home & I was right. It’s Wonderful::thumbsup: Also Frannie cat absolutely loves it too:cat: :cat: !

I will be off for my Dr. appointment at 10AM with maybe some SNOW falling. Fasting blood work to be done so I think I’ll treat myself to a sandwich out afterward. I’ll feel better bringing up blood sugar levels to drive home. I have the perfect outfit for today. My black jeans, white long sleeve turtle neck and a red vest with Snowflakes stitched on.:lol: :lol:

Annie :grouphug: :grouphug:

Rachel I hope your Dr. visit goes well. :grouphug:

Darla how are you doing???

Bill are you getting Snow today too.

Steve I’ve given a few shots in syringe like that. It made me nervous.:lol:

Char Hope you don’t have more water in the basement.

Lynn I hope you get answers on your health issue.

Kay I know. I have a hard time getting past these dark winter days too. That is why I’m stacking my time with upcoming projects. I said I wasn’t going to do much holiday decorations but I think I might just start in. :lol: Go Big or Go Home:lol:

Ok everyone hope you all have a good day

Anita —-I hear those sleigh bells ringing —-da da da. da da:

Hey all, been a terribly long day fill you in, in my tomorrow.

Nasal Polyps – My father had his removed the first time without anesthetic, sitting in a chair. It was horribly cruel. He passed out and wet himself at the same time with the pain of it. The next time it was done, it was done under a general anesthetic.

Nite all :grouphug:

JJ
                                    Let go of past mistakes and hurts. Forgive and empower yourself. Live the life you were meant to live. And, be at peace with yourself.
                                    MY BLOG
                                    My Youtube videos

Bill

Good day all,

Annie, I hope you can iron things out.

Hi Doug, last night I dreamt that you and I were out sketching. I was cleaning my palette and accidentally painted a lovely landscape.

We have some snow on the ground, just enough to whiten things up, not enough to shovel.
                                        A storm is brewing for the northeast. Not here.

Many deer playing in my back yard and longing to get inside the fenced in young orchard.

Little things to get done today,
                                        Bill

Be kinder than necessary

shadye1

Does anyone know where to get natural sponges in Edinburg

I would look for the older type chemists shops

Good Morning all,
                                            It is 8:35 a.m. here in soggy Oakwood. Light rain at the moment, but as the temperature continues to drop it is expected to turn to snow. No accumulation, just sloppy snow on the grasses.

Larry and I will stay in today and do things around the house….like clean. :rolleyes:

Annie, Hope you get things worked out quickly and easily. :grouphug:

:wave: to all,

SYL,

Sylvia

Good Morning! It feels good to be able to type that and know you’ll soon be reading it. It’s very windy and the temperature is falling quite rapidly. We saw a skiff of snow fall to earth and the only white stuff remaining is on the roofs of our vehicles. The leaves are coming down in droves.

Our Tux is still not feeling the best, but he’s drinking lots of water. He knows best and we’re keeping an eye on him. He came down to the Studio yesterday and parked himself in the middle of my big teaching table. The Ladies love him and he was soaking it all up.

I’m meeting a friend for coffee this morning.

We’ve begun the process of closing up the motor home that we never got to use this year. All the water lines must be drained and then filled with antifreeze. The fridge and freezer need to be washed and then the doors propped open. The slides need to be lubricated and then closed, opened and closed again. It all makes me very sad. But, the upside is that we’re both here to do this work. :heart:

Kay, are you originally from New York? It takes a very long time for your body to reconcile the invasive metal bits occupying your joints. In my case, the joints seated just fine, but my muscles seem never to be able to adjust and recover.

Steve, Ted’s insulin “pens” are not as foreboding as that weapon of yours, but a little daunting nonetheless.

((Annie)) I know you’ll take as much time as you need and I hope with all my heart that everything works out.

Doug, I’ll be following this Challenge closely, trying to learn how to incorporate those sun highlights in the blue ripples without creating a neutral grey. Had my Mother’s various Residences been as wonderful as the one you support, she might have been happier.

Attagran, are you winning the war of that infection in your body? I sure hope so. If you’re able to buy online, you can get sponges from a few different sources.

Rachel, before you transfer your drawing, you could research images from Google. They might help you solve composition problems.

Elvis Hobo is a clever boy, Rod… and I hope Sweetiepie begins feeling better.

Anita, I’m not surprised that you’ve given in to the need for festive decorations! I bought Ted a heated blanket as a Christmas gift. I may give it to him before then. :)

Yah… that sounds exciting Sylvia… NOT! :lol: :p

Hiya JJ and Bill and all yet to come. I’m heading out the door in half an hour so I’d better do something to humanize myself. I don’t want to scare little children and dogs. :) Have yourselves the very best possible day Painter People!! :grouphug:

Char --

CharMing Art -- "Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art." Leonardo DaVinci

:wave: Have to be gone again, I’ll just say “what Char said” and I’ll check in later…..grocery bus in 10 min :eek:

:heart: :grouphug: :heart:

Cheers, Lynn
                                            www.fineartamerica.com/profiles/lynn-macintyre
                                            "Ring the bells that still can ring, Forget your perfect offering, There is a crack in everything, That's how the light gets in" Leonard Cohen

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.