Home Forums The Town Center All Media Art Events WDE 25th May 2018 Taino’s Lady WIP

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    SAndypp

I love Mola work from Panama. I have my wallet in that style. It made my choice easy this week. Now I can incorporate the colours and work over it. Lots of fun so thank you. No idea where it will go from here but excited to have fun with it.

It’s a great start, Sandy!

Kay

Moderator: Watermedia, Mixed Media, Abstract/Contemporary

tyree

Hi Sandy…that is a stunning start ! love the style..
            will come back to see your finish …thank you so
            much for joining in this weekend !

tyree :wave::clap:

'art is the most intense mode of individualism that the world has known'.....oscar wilde

ams

Nice start Sandy.

Anne

Anne
                C & C always welcome.
                https://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/topic/wip-still-life-with-purple-underpainting/

Ryeath

Great likeness on the image. Looking forward to seeing the colors you put in it.

C&C always welcomed.

Rundun

So far so good Imelda

KolinskyRed

Excellent beginning, can’t wait to see the development… :)

SAndypp

Thank you all I will post an update soon. I ran into trouble with the placement of her face but the rest is going well.

This looks like it should be great when finished.

surob

You have captured her expression.

Susan

"Things turn out best for the people who make the best out of the way things turn out." Art Linkletter My RIL

123harry

Nice unfussy sketch. Just needs a hint of the colourful design in the same style.

C&C always welcome.
                                        Instagram harry.hamill

SAndypp

Woohoo ok Alas another WDE is almost at it’s end. This poor lady kept appearing and disappearing on my sheet all the time. I’m happy I was able to work on her further. I almost lost her completely when I used the wrong fixative and the whole thing bleed. My answer was to go over it with acrylics. Thank you for looking. I had fun.

123harry

You have brought it together well in the end. Intentional or not there is a Gauguin feel to this.

C&C always welcome.
                                                Instagram harry.hamill

SAndypp

Thank you Harry. I’m glad you see something Gauguinish about it. That was half my battle. In the end All I could do was watch you tube video’s on Gauguin’s life and works in the hope that through osmosis something would rub off :angel: Tyree most definitely challenged me to learn investigate and experiment this week. I feel more productive because of it.:)

eyepaint

Well done! I would not have guessed that she would disappear from time to time. Love her sort-of-wry expression :)

-- EP Moderator for:
                                                        All Media Art Events, Artwork From Life, Art Journals

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
                                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.