WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Oil Painting
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#61   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-10-2018, 03:01 PM
A WetCanvas! Patron Saint
Town of George, Kentucky

Hails from United States
Re: As the Oily Rag Burns..... June 2018

You are welcome for the simple and delicious recipe Marcia. Prep time for making the bundles is nearly as long as the cook time honestly, it is a lot of cutting stuff up and rolling. Wifey and I bought the ingredients we were missing and are going to make them for as a side dish with dinner tonight. As Becca noted, the blues tend to be less good under portraits over time, but bright oranges or reds are very nice indeed. Mary Klein does red as her grounds in Casein, it really adds lots of visual interest when it shows through areas of layers over it.

Delofasht
  #62   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-10-2018, 03:28 PM
A WC! Legend
?????

Hails from United States

Mark, I understand your anxiety...hope the MRI and follow up are soon...I do hate waiting too...they have lasers now which are much more agile than scalpels ever were and docs who also use robots that are more stable than any human hand...I think when you get all the info you will be much better...and best wishes here for a positive outcome...
“Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you've imagined.” ........ “Not till we are completely lost or turned around... do we begin to find ourselves.” ........ “All good things are wild and free.” ........ “This world is but a canvas for our imagination.” ...... "Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake.” Henry David Thoreau
Becca's Fine Art my blog
  #63   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-10-2018, 03:30 PM
A WC! Legend
?????

Hails from United States

Delo...they should pack those ingredients preassembled...lol...and yes, personal experience with the blues and portraits...argh...live and learn...and for some reason I do prefer red, but it is tricky laying down those colours on it...they look completely different than on the palette...it boils down to a matter of faith...
“Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you've imagined.” ........ “Not till we are completely lost or turned around... do we begin to find ourselves.” ........ “All good things are wild and free.” ........ “This world is but a canvas for our imagination.” ...... "Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake.” Henry David Thoreau
Becca's Fine Art my blog
  #64   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-10-2018, 03:58 PM
A WC! Legend

Hey Mark, my sister had a double mastectomy back in January (luckily she is in otherwise remarkably good health and has good insurance from being a teacher so was able to have both the surgery and the reconstructive surgery right away), they also found a tumor on her neck. It turned out to be benign, but could turn cancerous, so the Dr wants to have it removed, now that her other treatments are over with. It is all pretty scary until it is truly over and done with. The <<<Healing Vibes>>> from us all here at the Oily Rag works miracles though, you know!
  #65   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-10-2018, 04:01 PM
A WC! Legend

I think I posted this before, but it was the end of May, so some of you may have missed it:
  #66   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-10-2018, 04:46 PM
A WC! Legend
?????

Hails from United States

Marcia..nicely done...the VW is great and the illusion of depth in the piece is grand..
Becca's Fine Art my blog
  #67   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-10-2018, 11:27 PM
WC! Guide
Central Oklahoma

Hails from United States

Marcia, it looks great, and thanks for showing us the finished painting!

Becca, the only time I use blue in a portrait is in eyes or clothing, but I love the idea of using warm colors like cadmium orange in with skin tones. I got a start on a painting of my two babies yesterday, and I'm looking forward to putting color into it - right now I'm still working on the drawing.

Mark, getting MRIs is no fun at all - I hope and pray that the neck bump can be removed easily, and with little recovery time.

Delo, nice to see you back again! That is one mouthwatering recipe you've shared - I wish I could eat it, but I could make it for my husband and take a bite or two of it.

Annie, you too! That class you're taking must be really good, and I can hardly wait to see some of the work you've been doing!

Last edited by NancyMP : 06-10-2018 at 11:35 PM.
  #68   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-10-2018, 11:48 PM
A WC! Legend
?????

Hails from United States

Nancy, I use blues in the skintones regularly...but as a toned canvas, not...look forward to seeing your new painting..

I have my new filter in my air purifier...now only need inspiration, and time to at on it...let me add, that filter weighed a ton and was a major act changing it out...
Becca's Fine Art my blog
  #69   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-11-2018, 12:16 AM
A WC! Legend
?????

Hails from United States

Name:  295594_600754919957958_64685264_n.jpg
Views: 30
Size:  43.4 KB
Becca's Fine Art my blog
  #70   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-11-2018, 12:20 AM
A Local Legend
Stockholm, Sweden

Hails from Sweden

Thank you everyone !!!
  #71   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-11-2018, 12:23 AM
A WC! Legend
?????

Hails from United States

Keep us posted how things go Mark.
Becca's Fine Art my blog
  #72   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-11-2018, 07:25 AM
Lord of the Arts
Sevilla

Hails from Spain

Becca, Birthday Wishes!

Annie, who's your landscape teacher? Class sounds wonderful.
I've been finishing yesterday and continue today a big landscape from last summer. Finally I have found a way to finish a painting: just finishing it and not trying something what I can't do! As simple as that.

Marcia, love your painting! Well done!

Mark, that is serious if the nerves are in the area. I hope it resolves by operating.

Delo, hi!

Nancy, hi!
  #73   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-11-2018, 08:51 AM
A WC! Legend
?????

Hails from United States

Thank you Mosc!
Becca's Fine Art my blog
  #74   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-11-2018, 08:59 AM
New York City

Hails from United States

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BECCS!!!

#75   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-11-2018, 09:25 AM
A WC! Legend

Good Morning Oilycats!!!