Home Forums Explore Media Photography The Shutterbug Pub Shutterbug Topic Challenge #83, Patterns IN NATURE, Nov 10-23, 2019

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • Author

Welcome to WC’s Shutterbug Pub Topic Challenge where every two weeks a topic will be posted in a thread and you will have the opportunity to post images that you have taken that you think satisfy the topic. You are only limited by your imagination.

Topic :Patterns IN NATURE

Thanks Rich for the idea.
    In April of 2016 when we first started the bimonthly challenge, we used the topic Patterns. But this time we will restrict the photos to Patterns in NATURE only.

Please read the guidelines before posting.

This topic will end: November 23, 2019

Guidelines:
    1) All photos submitted must be yours.
    2) All entries are to be posted directly by each member into this thread in the SHUTTERBUG PUB.
    3) You may post more than one image, however, please submit only one photo per post.
    4) We hope that his activity inspires you to shoot new images and not just pull from your archives. However, images from your archives WILL be allowed as long as your image has NOT been previously posted on Wet Canvas.
    5) You may use software to manipulate or enhance your images.
    6) Since this activity is running in the Shutterbug Forum, if you wish to comment on any entry, we ask that you limit your comments to praise and applause .
    7) Every other Sunday, a new topic challenge will begin.

Photography is the art of observation. It has little to to with the things you see and everything to do with the way you see them. Elliott Erwitt
    Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II, Zuiko 14-150 mm zoom, Zuiko 2.8 60mm macro, Sigma 2.8 Fish Eye. Nikon D5100

maryinasia

looking forward to these!

Quint

Here’s a shot of the front and back of a sand dollar I took a while ago.

Quint Nikon Coolpix 990, Nikon Coolpix P60, Nikon D7000, Nikkor, 35/f1.8, Nikkor 18-140, Nikon SB700 Speedlight.

damar

Excellent Quint!!!
                The soft pastel colors are lovely!

Mine is the bark of a Georgia Pine Tree
                (taken today)

Camera: Old Nikon D200 with a focus handicap

Fujifilm X100F, XT20 + Nikon Camera Bodies & Lenses
                Photos are ©2021

Darn it, why didn’t I think of that. Excellent examples Patty and Steve.
                Both of these examples are nicely photographed.

I am glad you got this challenge to show how simple it is. Now everybody go raid your veggie crisper, I bet you’ll find some examples there. :wink2:

Photography is the art of observation. It has little to to with the things you see and everything to do with the way you see them. Elliott Erwitt
                Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II, Zuiko 14-150 mm zoom, Zuiko 2.8 60mm macro, Sigma 2.8 Fish Eye. Nikon D5100

damar

Thanks Lorell!
                    I thought I wasn’t going to be able to find anything local, but we went for a trail hike today, and there I was…surrounded by bark! It was too easy. I’m more impressed with Quints!

Photos are ©2021
                    Quint

Beautiful close up of a conifer’s outer covering, Patty. I’ve seen so many trees up close and personal in my career.
                        I did an HDR rendition of the starfish and the geometric patterns really stood out then.
                        Thanks, Lorell.

Quint Nikon Coolpix 990, Nikon Coolpix P60, Nikon D7000, Nikkor, 35/f1.8, Nikkor 18-140, Nikon SB700 Speedlight.

Humburger

Nifty shots, both. I have one in mind to post, if I can only find it. LOL!

Ginny
                            www.virginiacmccoy.com
                            C & C Welcome

Humburger

Ginny
                                www.virginiacmccoy.com
                                C & C Welcome

Anonymous

Really nice images, Quint, Damar, and Ginny.

I have nothing suitable in recent photos, so I tapped my archives (from 03/28/2005) for this one, processed today…

[Panasonic DMC-FZ20 with its built-in zoom, program mode, 1/60 sec, f/2.8, ISO 80, processed in PSCS5]

maryinasia

beautiful photographs!

Ginny,
                                        I love that bark. I think there is a trade off though. Don’t those trees shed their bark every year? What an unusual feature. The image is crisp and clean. I love the brown tones too. Nice work.

Dave,
                                        Archives work just fine and glad that you are able to use your saved photos. A nice composition with eye catching water droplets.

Mary,
                                        Your patterns remind me of an oriental painting. I see where the inspiration comes from.

Humburger

Oh, I love this topic. Great photos.

Ginny
                                            www.virginiacmccoy.com
                                            C & C Welcome

damar

Oh, I love this topic. Great photos.

I do too!
                                                Great samples Mary, Dave, and Lorell!

Photos are ©2021
                                              Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.