WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Acrylics
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors
Closed Thread  

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-21-2001, 05:07 PM
A Local Legend
Indian Land , SC. Suburb of Charlotte,NC

Hails from United States
Peaches

This is one more of my works
16" by 20" canvas, acrylics

Julia
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-21-2001, 07:59 PM
NC, USA

Hails from United States
did you have this scene set up in front of you? because i am kinda wondering about the shadows, it seems to me that it is to little, it you know what i mean, but i might be wrong. other that that they are good. i did a painting of two peaches right next to each other, a few weeks ago. my sis has that painting right now. so i am pretty familar with looking at peaches.
~crazi
it is my opinion that everything must be based upon an extremely simple idea. and it is my opinion that this idea, once we have finally discovered it, will be so compelling, so beautiful, that we will say to one another, yes how could it have been any different. ~john wheeler
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-21-2001, 08:21 PM
A Local Legend

Hails from United States
Yes, I had it set up on the rail of my deck , so the shadows are prety close to what they were.

Julia
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-29-2001, 09:01 AM
South Jersey

Lightbulb Julia

Hey good job Julia but I think you should give that picture a better crop job so that the eye catches on the painting more instead of the surrounding picture. Love the peaches so well done I think I can actually feel the fuzz on them.
  #5   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-29-2001, 01:08 PM
A Local Legend

Hails from United States
Smile

Bug, thank you for looking and the comments!

The problem is that I have to take the photo outside so I would not have the flash working and giving the painting unwanted flash
"bleaches" and it difficult for me to take the picture in the position which would give a closer crop . I had a spinal surgery last year and have titanium rods in my back practicly on the whole length of my spine so bending or stretching other then straight is quite painful And I borrow the digital from a friend so I have very short time to experiment . I know I should get one of my own and I need to start working on building my website too.

Excuses , excuses

Julia
  #6   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-29-2001, 03:14 PM
South Jersey

Lightbulb Cropping

Darn Julia I wish I could crop this for you but the only problem is I only no how to do this if I have the jpg in my machine. I know it can be done some way right from the forum but I haven't the know how. Hopefully someone will read this soon and do it for you. I've seen a lot of threads where one member takes the picture from another and changes it then puts it back on. So calling all can someone help Julia crop this picture?
  #7   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-29-2001, 03:25 PM
A Local Legend

Hails from United States
Bug, tell me what do you do with your computer to crop . I do have photo shop but I just can change the colors there slightly . I am not to experienced with it. My son will come for a visit this weekend I will ask him . He is computer programmer so maybe he will help me. He lives 3 hours away so I ussualy do not ask for the help .

Thank You,

Julia
  #8   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-29-2001, 03:41 PM
South Jersey

Red face I'll Do My Best!

Ok Julia I'm about in your shoes but I'll give this a try. when I open a jpg. oh wait I have microsoft photo editor so I'm not sure what to tell you now. ok maybe yours is basically the same. Once I open the picture I have a tool bar across the top of my machine. there is a dotted line square I hit this and then drag my pointer around the picture leaving an outline where the picture will be cut, then I hit my right side mouse button and this shows a little box and one of the words showing is crop I just click on it and the picture is cut. thats it then when I exit out the picture it will ask if I want to save the changes and I hit the yes button and it's all done.

he-he not sure if this will help but if not maybe you can ask in the computer forum for help on how to do this with photo shop.

If someone doesn't come along soon to help, we could always try you sending your picture directly to me and I can crop and send it back. Hey maybe that could work.
  #9   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-29-2001, 04:32 PM
A Local Legend

Hails from United States
Thank You! I have microsoft too. I will try my best, whatever it is

Julia
  #10   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-29-2001, 05:00 PM
A Local Legend

Hails from United States
Bug, thank you . I found how to crop in my program
My program is MGI Photo Suite III.

I would not be able to crop all around the painting completely because I took it under the angle but at least some of it.

Ta-ta,

Julia
  #11   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-29-2001, 05:13 PM
South Jersey

Cool Julia

Well done.
Now you can play with it a bit and see how it looks cropped even more without having to save the changes, it will just let you see it differently. Have fun.
  #12   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-29-2001, 05:46 PM
A Local Legend

Hails from United States
I tried to improve some more the colors, did not work well but here is cropped version:

#13   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-29-2001, 05:57 PM
South Jersey

Cool Your cooking now

This looks much better now the eye goes more to the subject instead of the outside of it!
  #14   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-29-2001, 10:06 PM
South Jersey

Talking JULIA LOOK

I got to learn something new today also, my 11 year old Phillip taught me how to get the picture. Kids they know how to do everything on these computers
Attached Images