Home Forums The Town Center All Media Art Events (LATE) WDE Sept1- Breaking Rad #2

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author

Here is the second version from the ref. Same size 17×11. I’m pretty sure I have never repainted an image so similar to the first. I wanted to enliven and give more depth to the shoreline.

ConnieT

Oh, my goodness, yes, you have given this great depth now with the changes you have made. The large rock is wonderful, shapes so beautifully defined. The dark portion of the grass being away from the angle of the light source works well, along with the earth form behind it. More water on the sand is lovely. Too many other things to mention, but all are noted and appreciated, especially even more harmony throughout with the lavender, purple, and indigo tones.

Now I see why some of our great painters, notably Cezanne, painted the same scene many, many times. You demonstrate that it can be well worth the effort.

And, yes, I like it very much ;)

– ConnieT

ConnieT[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]

In a world where you can be anything... be kind. :heart:

dupliKate

Ooohh…you’ve worked the purple more into the wave itself and into the beach grass. This really works! I love it:clap:

"wait for me if i am not heart, because at least i beat"
            ee cummings, from ViVa 1936
            http://s3.amazonaws.com/wetcanvas-hdc/Community/images/03-Aug-2009/3648-Banner2.jpg

123harry

Nice rendering of the translucent water and the wet sand.

C&C always welcome.
                Instagram harry.hamill

Connie – Thank you so much!! Tho this is tagged #2, it is actual the third. I rushed the second, and started over again. (I found your comment on Cezanne particularly relevant!)

eyepaint

So, so good!! Glad you did it again and so well too :)

-- EP Moderator for:
                    All Media Art Events, Artwork From Life, Art Journals

Ryeath

Wow, beautiful painting Skylar. All it needs now is an ornate frame and a large price tag.

C&C always welcomed.

tyree

wow…gorgeous ! tyree :)

'art is the most intense mode of individualism that the world has known'.....oscar wilde

123harry

I’d meant to ask about the medium. I’m assuming it’s digital. I was slightly confused by the 17×11 dimension statement. I take it that’s your screen size?

C&C always welcome.
                                Instagram harry.hamill

Glorious scene! Your best ever.

Kay

Moderator: Watermedia, Mixed Media, Abstract/Contemporary

Haven’t yet seen #1 but this one is magical!

Cheers, Maureen

Forum projects: Plant Parade projects in the Florals/Botanicals forum , WDE in the All Media Art Events , Different Strokes in Acrylics forum .

BUN201

Great job.

Bunny

http://bunnygriffeth.com

Kate – So glad you like this version, as well. Thank You!

EP – Thanks so much!

Ryeath – Thank You! From your mouth to God’s Ear!

ams

Beautiful. I love how the water is dripping off the rock. Wonderful reflections in the wet sand and energy in the wave.

Anne

Anne
                                        C & C always welcome.
                                        https://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/topic/wip-still-life-with-purple-underpainting/

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.