Home Forums Explore Media Oil Painting Magical Forest

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Latest oil painting.. just for fun. 60x40cm on canvas.
        Colors used are titanium white, permanent rose, cad yellow, permanent green light, and of course my beloved ultramarine blue. I premixed the paints before hand. Also this is done wet in wet with a little touch of liquin. Done in about 2 1/2 days. I keep my brushstroke on purpose, mainly using big filbert brush for blocking and small filbert brush for detailing, and my trusty liner brush for the hanging roots.

C&C are always welcome! :)

LeiraFlamand

What can I say? I love it! :clap:

bhindi

Truly beautiful in every way! Great job!

Boafamily

Lovely scene.

AllisonR

Wonderful atmosphere. I am drawn in. Your use of values is super. Minor crit – your water in the foreground looks quite calm, but much rougher in the background. Should be one or the other.

Being born places you at a greater risk of dying later in life.

http://www.artallison.com/
                        Anonymous

Thank you all for the positive response! I’m having difficulty at photographing my painting. LOL, even though I’m using high end camera (Nikon D810) the color is very different vs the real painting. In person, the painting looks a little bit more muted (which I prefer) so that it’s moodier and more mysterious. In my computer screen the color is so vibrant and brighter. Any tips regarding this? Or should I ignore the problem?

Anonymous

Wonderful atmosphere. I am drawn in. Your use of values is super. Minor crit – your water in the foreground looks quite calm, but much rougher in the background. Should be one or the other.

Thank you Allison indeed, I feel I have overworked the water too much. LOL. Thank you for the reminder.. :)

That misty background is so admirable.

Clotmonet

If you go to an Italian restaurant in Antarctica and order pasta, do you get penguini?

yakker0117

Minor crit – your water in the foreground looks quite calm, but much rougher in the background. Should be one or the other.

Water flowing past a calm cove…..that makes it magical!!

mcassatt

very nice, Sometimes, I have had that happen too with my camera. It could be settings or lighting. I take my paintings outside to photo. Cloudy days work best I find.

TomMather

Lovely painting!

Ju-Ju-Beads

Nicely done. You’ve set a wonderful mood

equinespirit

Its beautiful.
                                                        I don’t see why the water should be the same in the foreground, how the water behaves is dependent on many factors which we can’t see.
                                                        Perhaps it is shallower and running over rocks further back coming into a deeper pool in the foreground.

Anonymous

this is a really nice one!

Thank you all for the positive response! I’m having difficulty at photographing my painting. LOL, even though I’m using high end camera (Nikon D810) the color is very different vs the real painting. In person, the painting looks a little bit more muted (which I prefer) so that it’s moodier and more mysterious. In my computer screen the color is so vibrant and brighter. Any tips regarding this? Or should I ignore the problem?

Here are some possibilities that you may already know:
                                                            start with good lighting, the most important thing in all photography.
                                                            Shoot in raw format and use an editing program to balance the colors.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
                                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.