WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > The Town Center > WetCanvas Member News and Events
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors
Closed Thread  

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-22-2008, 12:10 AM
alabama

Hails from United States
Elio Camacho Workshops

Hello, I am usually just a lurker over in the plein air group but I wanted to come out of my safe zone to talk about a wonderful artist and his workshops. Last April (2008) I had the opportunity to take a workshop from Elio Camacho a wonderful, young artist from California. Elio's mentor is the very respected Ovanes Berberien, the russian painter who studied under Sergei Bongart. I have taken a lot of workshops with some very famous artists and I have to say I have never had an artist that was so giving and energetic with his knowledge than Elio. He is such a hard worker and gives his all to each and every student. I really learned so much from him and I think my work improved tremendously. Ladies, Elio is such a cutie you will enjoy his personality and just be mesmerized by him at any age. We became fast friends and I took a still life workshop from him in August (2008). Seriously, Elio is very respectful and charming. If you ever have a chance to take one or many of his workshops you will get your money's worth and his fees are very reasonable, in these inflated times. He will work with you for more hours in the day than your average workshop class. I am not related to him or being paid to write about him, I just wanted to pass this information along in hopes that everyone may take the opportunity to study with him. You may visit his website for current workshops across the country or to contact him to come to your area. Regards, Nancy Rhodes Harper http://www.blog.eliocamacho.com/
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-24-2008, 08:34 PM
Santa Monica, California

Hails from United States
Re: Elio Camacho Workshops

I really want to take one of his workshops if he comes to Southern California. His work is beautiful.
  #3   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-30-2009, 06:01 AM
Immortalized
Ventura, California

Hails from United States

I think he is having a workshop in Pasadena in November of 2009. Google his website and you will see.

http://www.carolynspaintblog.blogspot.com/
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 05-08-2012, 12:07 PM

I have studied with both Elio Camacho and Ovanes Berberian. Both are among the best colorists available anywhere and both give extremely impressive demos. Ovanesís demos are typically several hours long, late at night, and without instruction. Studentís paint during the day and his instruction consists mostly of very insightful critiques of student work while it is in progress. Most students simply follow Ovanes from easel to easel to hear his daily critiques.

Elioís demos are en plein air and he actually prefers for students to ask questions as he demonstrates. Demos are often accompanied by a brief lecture. In addition, Elio is available throughout the day and spends a lot of time one-on-one giving instruction particular to each student. Elio has a workshop scheduled for Napa Valley California October 1-5, 2012 (http://www.eliocamacho.com/theStore/home.php?cat=257). I highly recommend it to anyone interested in learning to really see color en plein air.

Last edited by Keene : 05-08-2012 at 12:10 PM.