Home Forums Explore Media Pastels Soft Pastel Studio and Gallery New paintings – local scenes

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Hello everyone! I had a chance to do a lot of painting over the holidays and I chose to do some more local scenes. I managed to do seven paintings and get them framed and photographed. Lots of work but lots of fun! Criticism welcome! Here is one of them that seemed to photograph well.

Pine Lake at Sunset, image is 13×24 on sanded paper.

water girl

Lovely work. I particularly like the elongated format, which adds to the feeling of the great northwest greenery. Well done!

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Karen, IAPS/MC, PSA WC Moderator-Pastels

web site , Getting started in soft pastels., What you need to know, Critique Guide Lines

Humburger

Wow. Very nice. I, too, like the horizontal layout and the sparkle on the water.

Ginny
            www.virginiacmccoy.com
            C & C Welcome

Donna T

Seven paintings! You have been very busy, Richard! This one is a beauty! The colorful lights on the water seem to amplify all the drama that occurs in the sky and such an awe-inspiring mood results. I like the format too! I hope this new year finds you painting even more. :)

Donna
                C&C Always Welcome

franglais

Such beautiful reflections on the water. Did you frame this one, yourself, Richard?
                    Mike

maryinasia

beautiful

Thank you everyone! When I get the opportunity to sit down at my easel I can get a lot done, but I confess I committed to doing these to lend to the new local public works building. I was facing a deadline! So yes, I did frame them all myself too. A lot of work but a lot of fun too!

Forgot to mention, this one is all Rembrandts. In case anyone is interested….

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.