WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Subjects > Southwest and Western Art
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#31   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-14-2020, 12:45 PM
Big Spring,Texas

Hails from United States
Re: 'Round the Campfire ~ February

Happy Valentine's Day to all of you!

A cloudless day here and sunny in Alto. Some snow remnants still in spots. Finches and sparrows are busy eating the birdseed put out yesterday.

Richard, I had enough of Florida's humidity when I was in nursing school there. Even in the panhandle there in Pensacola, it was miserable, but was so busy in the school it passed quickly.

This evening will be going to the Texas Club steakhouse in Ruidoso for the best steaks anywhere. It was the former home of actor Dale Robertson. Remember him?
  #32   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-16-2020, 01:09 AM
Veteran Member
Northern CA

Hails from United States

Hope everyone had a fun Valentine's Day!

Beautiful weather in Northern California. It's in the 50's-60's, but we have had very little snow or rain. Going to be a dry year if we don't get some rain. Great weather for taking walks, though.

I mentioned recently that I had started a former Texan, Janis Joplin portrait. It has a long way to go even though progress is being made. Thought I show you a portrait I finished just before starting work on Janis. (Took it with my iPhone so it's not a great picture.) She is looking southwest...

Note: That didn't work. WC rotated the picture 90 degrees and I can't figure out how to correct it. I did resize it but that didn't help. I'll post it later if I can get it straightened out. Sorry.
I just push the paint around while the painting pushes me.

Last edited by AshlandCreekArt : 02-16-2020 at 01:12 AM.
  #33   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-16-2020, 05:03 PM
Big Spring,Texas

Hails from United States

Almost home on a sunny afternoon with 80 degrees, yay!
  #34   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-18-2020, 11:53 AM
Alberta, Canada

Hails from Canada

Sounds like everyone is doing well. I've been keeping away as we had sad news late last year.
Jenna - I hope you're able to enjoy your time with your Grandpa; my prayers are with you.
Hud - love that fire! We've had some cold weather as well but not quite -30 F. Brrr.
Richard - that humidity is tough. Makes our -15 C with no humidity this morning look downright pleasant.
Rick - hope you get rain soon
Jo - sounds like you're enjoying that Texas baseball
Kay - wow, 80 F. Sorry but my cold-numbed brain just can't imagine that.
Ron - That''s excellent that you've been painting so much and getting some inventory.
It's good to catch up with you all and hear how you're doing.

www.evelynmillions.ca
Watercolour & Soft Pastel, Western Canada
  #35   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-18-2020, 02:17 PM
Wisconsin

Hails from United States

Hello everyone! I hope you all had a nice Valentine's Day.

Hi Jo. Love the heart steak! Why not, right?

Hi Kay. How was your supper at the Texas Club Steakhouse? Sure sounds tasty! Glad you're warming up again.

Hi Rick. Glad you're enjoying nice weather. I hope it works to upload your latest WIP - would be fun to see it!

Hi Evelyn. I'm sorry to hear you've been dealing with some difficult times. Take care of yourself and hang in there. Thank you for your kind words, as well.

I've been working on the same commission for awhile...finally finished it up over the weekend. I'm finishing up a new horse sculpture, too, which I hope to share here soon. I hope you're all enjoying some art and creativity. Have a great day!

My blog: http://thecozyred.wordpress.com/
  #36   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-18-2020, 03:07 PM
Big Spring,Texas

Hails from United States

Supper was a most perfect filet medium cooked with baked potato, salad, and yeast rolls. Dessert was fresh red velvet cake. Yum!

A cold wind blowing today and in the 40s with even colder forecast tomorrow. Sadly the daffodils are already bloomed but happy to see them nonetheless.

Jenna, how is your grandfather doing?
  #37   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-19-2020, 01:07 PM
Wisconsin

Hails from United States

Good Morning to the Campfire! I'm making a juicy, tender chuck roast in the crock pot for supper...anyone care for any?

Hi Kay. Your Valentine's supper sounds divine! I haven't had red velvet cake in years, but it is so yummy. I hope you stay warm. Thanks for asking about my grandpa. He is recovering from his hip surgery - walking more every day and feeling better, and also, his sense of taste has come back. For at least several weeks, he hasn't found any food to be tasting good, and has lost a lot of weight. So we're all very happy he's able to enjoy his food again. A true answer to prayer. However, the cancer is in many places, which is not good. He is trying immunotherapy for the first time today, which his doctors feel might help him to at least feel better. Chemo isn't even an option, but we're all ok with that, because that is such a brutal treatment. He deserves to be comfortable and feel as well as possible with the time left. Thanks for asking. Any continued prayers will be most appreciated.

My blog: http://thecozyred.wordpress.com/
  #38   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-19-2020, 04:53 PM
Big Spring,Texas

Hails from United States

Love chuck roast in the crockpot with 1 cup of Pace's picante sauce and 4 beef bouillon cubes placed on top and cooked for hours on LOW heat...tastes wonderful and do not add any water. Chicken also works well just add chicken flavored bouillon cubes instead.

Glad to hear your grandpa can at least eat and taste the food. Prayers to continue.