WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Subjects > Figure, The
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#16   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-04-2020, 12:06 AM
Veteran Member

Hails from United Nations
Re: Figuary is almost here!

I'm enjoying it. Looking at a screen to draw from is weird. And I find some of the shorter time-constraints rather ... umm ... constraining. I'm not making art that I'll sell for a gillion bucks, but it's new stimuli pushing me to be more regular and daily with my art, and it's a new community and location on the internet to post and discuss and see what other people are doing. I found it rather informative, to see the works from a bunch of strangers all of whom have drawn the same model in the same poses, to compare theirs and mine. Takes more time than I anticipated, with one 15-minute instructional video on YouTube from Kenzo at Love Life Drawing, then another 15 minutes of drawing by looking at poses on Vimeo from Croquis Cafe, then the extra time and effort to snapshot my works, combine them into a collage, post them on the Love Life Drawing community boards, maybe stick one on Instagram ... it's become a daily obsession! Glad it's only a month! And we're only on day three ...
  #17   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-04-2020, 07:20 AM
WC! Guide

Yes it is time consuming Clifton. I've only tried day 1 so far but I will try to catch up. I've got myself really excited about finally producing some half decent hand made oil paints and it takes a lot of time. Still at least its all about art

More than happy to receive C&C on anything I post
  #18   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-04-2020, 10:00 AM
Enthusiast

David for streaming I was referring to a link that I had seen in the video on yuotube. This link. If necessary, it can be used if you have not seen the live broadcast.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer?ns_mch...scription_link

I didn't use it though, you have to try from great britain
  #19   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-04-2020, 10:02 AM
Enthusiast

yes cliftonprince.
true about time limits, yesterday's had some 15 second poses ..
  #20   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-07-2020, 06:55 PM
Veteran Member

Hails from United Nations

Still going on my Figuary participation, proud to say I'm seven for seven today, which is day seven. I missed day 6 (but have now done it today as make-up) because I went to a "real" (as in, not on-line) figure drawing session last night instead. Instagram hashtag #figuary2020 seems to be developing good usage, too! Some of my works are up there, don't think I'll try to re-post them here, it's enough effort and bandwidth to watch the instruction, then watch and draw the poses, then photograph them to get them into my cell phone, then upload them to my hard drive, then post a few to the Love Life Drawing web community, and a few to Instagram, and GEEZ ...
  #21   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-14-2020, 09:33 PM
A Local Legend
Australia

Hails from Australia
Use to denote nudity/mature subject matter Re: Figuary is almost here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidHH
Thanks all who have responded.

Bill,
There are some useful accompanying tutorials which are fairly rudimentary and aimed at beginers. I'd be interested in your thoughts on them. First one is shown here on youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcS3...ature=youtu.be

Sorry for the late reply I was in the state Capital visiting my children last week cut off from home by floods and only now catching up on things. Dave you have to ask who benefits from short poses, mostly animators some illustrators and story board artists perhaps some concept artists that need to demonstrate an idea quickly. I'm not a fan of short poses unless you are very familiar with the figure it's a non starter. I am a great believer in you draw what you know. Better to build up a sound knowledge of the figure and push your time limits if you have to do quick sketches.

I looked at that video and felt that you would get better mileage from Stan Proko's videos. Here is one on gesture that may be a better help.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74HR59yFZ7Y