Home Forums Explore Media Oil Painting Painting Fails

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Jeffro Jones

Friends, dear friends!
        How often do we start out with the best of intentions, inspiration has struck and we take brush in hand!
        Earnestly beavering away, tongue valiantly bitten between our teeth, we pursue the elusive vision of genius!
        Soon we have, once again, a massive painting FAIL!
        Yes, this is MY story most of the time, and if it is yours too, post your awful painting fails!
        Show the world the ghastly offspring of your misguided dreams —
        you know where they are, they’re under your bed, or behind the old beach umbrella in the garage —
        bring them into the world, and see if anyone… ANYONE… could love them :lol:

OK, well every now and again, cursed by a love of Corot and Constable, I attempt the landscape.
        Try this one on for size. For some bizarre reason, I decided to go “cubist”.
        It didn’t end well!

Sweet Mother of Mercy!

:::

Humburger

It looks like a dream. I think it is fine for an abstract.

Ginny
            www.virginiacmccoy.com
            C & C Welcome

ilya K

Jeffro, it actually looks not so bad. I bet you never stood in front of some creative crop like Twombly. Maybe you are lucky over there in Melbourne and your museums do not “invest” in that…

Ilya K
                C&C always welcome

Jeffro Jones

@Humburger
                    @ik345
                    Thanks! I guess its the “disconnect” between what you aim for, and what you get :)

ilya K

@Humburger
                        @ik345
                        Thanks! I guess its the “disconnect” between what you aim for, and what you get :)

YYes, but that’s a totally different matter. Someone was once asking in the technical forum about an effect that got in course of a “failure”, wanting to repeat it. And could never succeed.

Ilya K
                        C&C always welcome

Jeffro Jones

Someone was once asking in the technical forum about an effect that got in course of a “failure”, wanting to repeat it. And could never succeed.

Agreed, and a good reason for keeping one’s perceived failures around for a while.
                            There’s often some little part that has worked well, that we can keep for a reference.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.