Home Forums Explore Media Pen and Ink Crow at night

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    IsobelW

Playing around with ink again:lol:. A made up scene of a crow flying over some houses at night. I think it might be a bit overworked. Dip pen, brush. Small scale (A5,roughly)

A bit confusing Isobel – unless it’s just me!
        I can see the topography of houses, land, road/river …….. but crow? :lol:

Cheers, Maureen

Forum projects: Plant Parade projects in the Florals/Botanicals forum , WDE in the All Media Art Events , Different Strokes in Acrylics forum .

IsobelW

Thanks for looking. It’s embarrassingly bad:o. I tried the picture again. The crow is overhead (towards the bottom left). Hopefully the second picture is clearer. Still have to add in the wings in this one.

Anonymous

Oh, I get it – the second one makes it clear but perhaps a third attempt might use those lovely Van Gogh like lines from the first one ?
                Mike

IsobelW

Thanks, Mike! I’ll give it another try.

IsobelW

Actually made two tries. The first was done quickly with a calligraphy pen. The second was done with a dip pen. Both done in the same a5 book.

Ah – a crow’s eye view? Too early in the day for this old geezer’s comprehension!
                        John

Lol Isobel – now I see it!:)
                        Yes, I like those VG lines too – in the first in post #6 …… nice!

I wonder if, the crow being the foreground and close-up, a feather pattern might be appropriate? Just a thought!:)

Cheers, Maureen

Forum projects: Plant Parade projects in the Florals/Botanicals forum , WDE in the All Media Art Events , Different Strokes in Acrylics forum .

IsobelW

Thanks, Maureen! I agree a feather pattern might have worked better.

Anonymous

Yes ! I do like the new calligraphy pen one, that’s working just fine for me now.
                                Of course Van Gogh used a reed pen in his drawings but you get a similar looking type of line .

You mention “The first was done quickly with a calligraphy pen.” – YES! exactly – a broad line laid down at speed can capture that elusive feeling of life & energy in a piece, as you have done here.

Mike

IsobelW

Thanks!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.