WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Subjects > Landscapes
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors OX_b4666342a1.showAdUnit("469607");

Our Sponsors

#1   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-19-2000, 09:38 PM

Hails from United States
Lightbulb starting a painters club...

Hello everybody, I would like to start a club for amateur painters here in Puerto Rico, but don't know how to start developing it. Can somebody give me some advice? Thanks a lot in advance!!! [/color]

Moniqui
  #2   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-20-2000, 07:51 AM
Georgetown, Indiana USA

Hails from United States
Cool

Hello Moniqui,
Here's a few suggestions; see if they will help:
Elect yourself a president to preside over the (monthly?) meetings. A secretary to take minutes, feedback of the members to improve the club, engagements and shows.
Arrange to have a "guest" critic at the monthly meeting to critique members' work. This person could be a local artist, art teacher, etc. Some even pay the critic for their time. (can be from members dues; would start an account and a treasurer to keep track of it)
Enthusiasm is something to keep up; I've seen clubs "die down" from a lack of it.
Well, that's my "two cents"..hope it helps you. Ken

#3   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-24-2000, 10:33 AM
Enthusiast
Crivitz, WI, USA

Hails from United States
I am also trying to start a painter's club here in Northeastern Wisconsin. I am thinking of putting an announcement in the local craft shops...or in the town free newspaper for some interest.

I would just like to find people that would be interested in going out to paint together in a group...once in a while.

Thanks for listening!!

Nancy
  #4   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-16-2000, 07:28 PM
A Local Legend
Darien, GA

Hails from United States
First, develop the goals for the club...then advertise...advertise....advertise! Let every guild or community art class know that you are "in business".
carly

------------------
http://www.artistnation.com/members/paris/chclements/
  #5   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-17-2000, 12:42 AM
A Local Legend
Errington BC Canada

Hails from Canada
Hi you can try to develop a group around an event or program ......an exhibit or the shared cost of a model or a paint-in. regards Dan
  #6   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-19-2000, 04:31 PM
Enthusiast
Cary, NC

Hails from United States
Moniqui,
Welcome to WC!
Some great recommendations here already.

My suggestion is to do a few online searches for the types of clubs around the world that look like what you want to start. Contact the president of each. Have a list of prepared questions about the organization and marketing of the club, and ask them to give you their input. Most would be happy to help you out! Then tailor your club for the subject area, medium, etc. to your own group.

Best wishes,
Diane