Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Just curious if anyone here has ever used it for artwork. During the summer months it can be scratched on with a needle and that area will turn dark and then can be preserved with varnish and it also dries too. The winter months which I just picked can be painted on or wood burned. I’m going to attempt to paint and wood burn on the ones I picked and just was curious if anyone here has used these shelf mushrooms for their artwork?

I found this thread from sixteen years ago!

I looked them up, it’s pretty interesting. The trees around here seem to have a lot of them.

Can’t wait to see what you do with them.

The Purple Dog Painting Blog
    Find me on Instagram
    Find me on Facebook

Eraethil

Haven’t seen this done. The needle scratching sounds particularly interesting as it becomes something unique to this substrate. Do you have a limited time to complete the work so that the scratches will darken? Is it an oxidation process that only occurs when the conk is still growing?

[FONT=Century Gothic] [FONT=Century Gothic]Comments and critique actively sought and much appreciated! [/SIZE][/B]
        Rick. . . [/COLOR][/COLOR][FONT=Century Gothic]. [/COLOR][FONT=Century Gothic]. . [/COLOR][FONT=Century Gothic]. . . [/COLOR][FONT=Century Gothic]. . . [/COLOR][FONT=Century Gothic]. . [/COLOR][FONT=Century Gothic]. .[/COLOR][FONT=Century Gothic] . [/COLOR][FONT=Century Gothic]. . . [/COLOR][FONT=Century Gothic]. . . [/COLOR]pigment storm fine art[FONT=Century Gothic] . . . watch the paint flow![/SIZE]

Cyndi L

Well that is certainly an intriguing idea!

I haven’t either but will check out this link.

Kay

Moderator: Watermedia, Mixed Media, Abstract/Contemporary

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.