WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Subjects > Fantasy and Sci-Fi Art
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#46   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-28-2007, 11:09 PM
Veteran Member

Re: 20 min. before dinner: WIP

OMG!!!!

I did forget the kitchen sink!!!!!!! ok lets just say there is a room just to the right of the cat and it is the kitchen then up the stairs just past the table with the horse in a jar there is a stair way that goes up to the master bedroom and then thru the double french doors out onto the veranda that over looks the lake.

I better get busy and finish this thing huh? DSPIT is all done with his WIP, and I'm falling behind hahahaha

Thanks everyone for thier paitence..........

cart
  #47   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-30-2007, 02:12 PM
Enthusiast
Elgin SC (work in Savannah)

Hails from United States
Thumbs down Re: 20 min. before dinner: WIP

Cartuneman, ok, after looking at this some more I got some questions.

Your very first original was a blue pencil of sorts. I see this often with pro's, Is that because copiers arent suppose to pick up that color and you can work on some copies?

Then you moved to some type of red pencil. Not only have I not seen that before, I can tell but it doesnt look like an ordinary pencil. is that digital? regardless, why the redish color. Just curious, nothing more.

Bob
  #48   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-30-2007, 03:40 PM
Veteran Member

Hi DSPIT,

I'm at work and am supposed to be building homes right now hahahah but here i am. Why the thumbs down icon? Have I done something wrong?

hahaha but to answer your question..... I do draw with a blue pencil when I sketch or even a purple one. I then try to clean up with a red one and then ink over for a final. It's just what I've done for years. no apparent ryhme or reason behind it.
I worked for an illustrator(omg over 20 years ago) once and thats how he did everything so I just got used to doing my work that way. If this is a bad way of drawing or sketching let me know or if you have a quicker way or better way please let me know. I've never been formally trained. I'm still coloring the wizard and hope to have some updates soon. Thanks for stopping in.

cart
  #49   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-30-2007, 04:20 PM
Enthusiast

Hails from United States

I have no idea why the thumbs down was on there. I dont remember selecting ANY icon, let alone THAT one. no, everything here is in my opinion.

dont think there is any right, wrong or indifference. I thought there might be a good reason that I could learn from so I was just curious is all. If you got it from a pro, I am sure there are good reasons. I was just wondering, or wandering

I know what you mean about work. I cant post an image from here any more cause my laptop died. but I can just post. I just finished a big project and its out of my hands and should be starting on the next, but I;m tired. heck, last night I didnt even go make that adjustment to my wip I said I would.

I will be watching for update, no hurry, just do what you can,

Peace,
Bob
  #50   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-30-2007, 07:13 PM
Lord of the Arts
currently Northeast Pa USA

Hails from United States

Yeah, DESPIT , as the method goes, the blue pencil that [ is? still ?in the digi -age ] was used by cartoonist and comic book artist [ actually non - reproducing blue ] as a lay out sketching pencil , then artist works over with [I think , lead pencil , to erased] then black ink line and graphic work ,after that comes 'doctor' work -white out , colour done on my-lar cel over-lays . I have seen original work for sale [$$$$$] that is really messy! , have seen original newspaper political cartoons [at an art gallery show] the same way . Don't know if that is what cartoonman's method is or not , but I have non repro blue I sometimes use[ in sketching] as it is a neat visual effect , kinda like the way white pastel high lights with charcoal . I have tried other blue pencils , yet its not quite the same.
  #51   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-30-2007, 07:43 PM
Enthusiast

Hails from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillbill
I have tried other blue pencils , yet its not quite the same.

does it show up when you use scanners? or do you know.
  #52   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-30-2007, 08:02 PM
Lord of the Arts

Hails from United States

Scanners , Im not sure about, Ill have to try sometime , don't have mine hooked up right now [ I think they would though,are scanners digital?] but it shows up with digital cameras , Ive done that allready.
  #53   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-30-2007, 08:52 PM
Veteran Member

Hey guys

Yes the computer dose pic up the blu line only if you scan in in color mode. if you import in as black and white no it dose not. A fax machine will not pick up repro blue. But it can pick it up if you set your fax at photo quality transmission.

The standard i use is the repro blue for sketching wich allows me to be very loose then I work over the repro blue and tighten up my art I then use my light table and ink over it in a trace that way my art is pristine and clean and even at the ink stage I can still make changes and then If I ever want to use the character in another pose I will always have the original rough that I can trace and manipulate in clean up. (did that make any since?)

cart
  #54   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-31-2007, 07:00 PM
Lord of the Arts

Hails from United States

ah yes, cartuneman , black and white , thats the key then , that makes sence, so , I take it that the non-repro blue shows up with color film , [film camera] ,and not with b&w film .I'll have to try that also , I'm allways messing around and experimenting !
  #55   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-06-2007, 01:20 PM
Veteran Member

Hi all,

I just wanted to let you all know I have not given up on coloring this pic. I had a few days to take care of some things. So I'm hoping to get back to the drawing board soon.
Funny how a lil angina can bring a halt to everything.

cart
  #56   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-07-2007, 02:38 PM
Enthusiast

Hails from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartuneman
Hi all,

I just wanted to let you all know I have not given up on coloring this pic.
cart

thats a good thing patiently waiting.
  #57   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-07-2007, 05:19 PM
North East England.

Hails from England

Hey cart - hope that angina attack hasn't left you feeling too low ... need to take care!

Just catching up on this - and the addition of cat and mouse/mice is super ... I love those little guys! ...... and even if you added them as collaged paper, that's OK - no one said you had to have all drawing/painting etc etc.

Hope you manage to get more done when You're OK, cos I'm very fond of this piece

Forum projects: Plant Parade projects in Florals/Botanicals, Weekend Drawing Events in the All Media Arts Events forum. Different Strokes in the Acrylics Forum.
**Information Kiosk~Acrylics**
**Reference Image Library**
**My SAA website**
  #58   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-14-2007, 02:56 PM
Enthusiast

Hails from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartuneman
Hi all,

I just wanted to let you all know I have not given up on coloring this pic.
cart

thats good, hope things are ok, havent seen ya in a while.
  #59   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-28-2007, 10:57 PM
Veteran Member

Hi everyone!

Sorry I haven't been around.......I've had a few puter problems and hope to have them fixed now. I'll try to breath some life back into this thread.

cart
  #60   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-01-2007, 02:12 AM
WC! Guide
Tupelo, Mississippi

Hails from United States

Man, I really lost track of this one. This is fantastic for sure. Can't wait to see the finish on this.

Peace,
AL