Home Forums Explore Media Photography The Shutterbug Pub My Favorite Photo(s)

• This topic has 439 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by geoffr.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 440 total)
  • Author
    ticktock01

Do you have an all time favorite photo that you took? I know I do.
        I’m not talking about that cute photo of your child or grandchild that would be classified as a snapshot. I’m talking about a portrait, or a landscape, or flower, or travel shot or whatever….. It doesn’t have to be of professional quality either. Just a shot that you are proud of and go back to every once in a while to admire and say to yourself “Hey that one came out great!”

As I said, I have one or two that fall into that category. As a matter of fact my “All-Time Favorite Photo” changes from time to time.

I am posting what I consider my all time favorite photo below. Not because it is technically perfect. It is far from technically perfect. I’m posting it because I think it is pretty good and it brings back very fond memories for me and makes me think about how although we may be the smartest of God’s creatures, we sure aren’t the only ones he gave something special.

I am inviting others to post in this thread, some of your all-time favorite photos, that you have taken yourself. I think it would be fun and interesting to see them.

The Elephants of Amboseli

Terry
        Nikon D5300, Photoshop CC 2017

DesertDarlene

I had to stop by and say that your photo is absolutely wonderful! I can understand why that’s your favorite.

I will search through mine and see which one I like. There is one that I took only a couple of weeks ago that I already like very much. I tend to like a lot of my photos when I first take them, but when I take more, I find even better ones that I like and the older ones don’t look that good to me.

Welcome to the Desert

Blog , Hubpages My New Bird Blog
            Canon Digital Rebel T3, Canon 50mm f/1.8, Canon 75-300mm f/4-5.6 Gimp, and PE 2.0

Selahs art

Stunning photo.

Retha

http://www.southafricanartists.com/showartist.asp?WorkID=89348[/COLOR]

[url]http://www.southafricanartists.com/showartist.asp?Code=DUTOI005[/url][/COLOR]

Currabubula

Great photo Terry and what a good idea to start this thread.

This is one of my favourite photos for similar reasons to those you have mentioned in your thread.
                    Beach near Strahan, Tasmania at sunset

Jeanne
                    Canon 600D / EF-S IS II
                    Canon EOS 400D
                    / EF-S 18-55 & EF 75-300 lens
                    Nikon Coolpix 7600

ticktock01

Jeanne,
                        Love those “God Rays”

Very nice shot.

Terry

Terry and Jeanne, those are both great pictures! True works of art! :clap:

A couple of my favorites are:

To me, these look like they were taken by a “real” photographer. :p

Windbreaker

Great photo all! Now I’ll have to start looking.

Anonymous

Wonderful subject for a thread. The photos so far are great, and I’m looking forward to following this one.

I have one photo in mind (like Darlene, I tend to favor my more recent shots), but I’ll have to wait until I locate the file and resize the image to post.

moccasin

Great idea, Terry! Thanks!

I have an absolutely-est favourite-est photo, too – but I am not allowed to post it on the web … :( The other person in the pic means the world to me, but doesn’t want it broadcast for all the world to see.

I’ll find my second favourite-est pic and post that instead, okay???

Love your elephant shot.

Jeanne – that’s great sunset (sunrise?) shot!

Terri – yup – looks like a pro took those for sure!

Cheers,
                                    Sue :heart:

Nikon D70 with Nikkor 18-70mm, Nikkor 50mm, Sigma 105mm, Sigma 70-300mm, Sigma 28-300mm lenses and a doubler! Editing in CS2 [FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.
                                    ticktock01

I have an absolutely-est favourite-est photo, too – but I am not allowed to post it on the web … :( The other person in the pic means the world to me, but doesn’t want it broadcast for all the world to see.
                                        I’ll find my second favourite-est pic and post that instead, okay???

Cheers,
                                        Sue :heart:

Sue, you can post your second favorit-est shot. That’s what I did. If I posted my favorite shot you would be seeing a picture of my grandchildren, all dressed up at my nieces wedding.

Terry

Anonymous

Terry, that’s a fantastic photo. It must have been a great experience being there.

Jeanne, I really like the drama of the sunset, as well as the unified, cohesive mood that the monochromatic colors provide.

Terri, these are 2 quite different images but I like them. Both strike me as being very well composed and having strong values and patterns.

OK, I guess the image below is my current favorite, for several reasons:

1) It was taken at my favorite site – the Bolsa Chica Wetlands Ecological Preserve in Huntington Beach, California.
                                            2) It’s a departure for me because I rarely do anything in black & white. Nice to break out of my habits/comfort zone and have it work out.
                                            3) The original image in color was OK, but nothing special – too much like a postcard. I was going to discard it, but decided to play around with different black & white conversion methods.
                                            4) It has sold 3 times (an 18″ x 24″ print, another print around 11″ x 14″, and a third one around 8″ x 10″); the 18 x 24 was through an interior design business and earned me much more than I’d ever have the nerve to ask for.

Wetlands White Cloud:

Blue Pencil
                                                Patty Brown

Terry great idea, how great to see a herd of elephants(envy, envy:D )
                                                    Dave nice picture, like how the clouds are so dramatic. Yes Terri they do look like a photographer took them, and that would be you…Nice captures…
                                                    Well here is one of mine, I have too many to choose from.

[FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode]To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream; not only plan, but also believe."

Selahs art

My favourite photo is the one I took last weekend of horses and I dont seem to see them often.

I took a few at the Krugersdorp lapa and this is my absolute favourite.

Retha:wave:

http://www.southafricanartists.com/showartist.asp?WorkID=89348[/COLOR]

[url]http://www.southafricanartists.com/showartist.asp?Code=DUTOI005[/url][/COLOR]

ticktock01

Teri, those are both terrific shot. I particularly like the one of the windmill and the little rain squall.

Dave, those clouds are beautiful. Strange formation.

Patti, Great action shot. Who was driving the boat while you were taking the picture??

Retha, your photo is beautiful. It has a painterly quality.

My elephant photo was taken in Amboseli National Park in Kenya last July. Amboseli is an incredible place. Late in the day large herds of elephants come lumbering back from their watering holes, in groups of 10 to as many as 50. I was a bit nervous as they walked right by our van, but I was overwhelmed by their magnificence.

Terry

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 440 total)
                                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.