Home Forums Explore Media Pen and Ink Looking for artists like Karl Kopinski!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Pravda

Hi i’m searching for artists like Karl Kopinski.
        This kind of direct drawing in ink.
        Is anyone familiar with some drawing style like that? Someone that is not Kim Jung Gi or Peter Han?

A good way is to search people whose work msotly for the same company that kopinsky… Wizards of the coast… check magic the gatering cards databases and each one has the name of the illustrator ( you will get amazed how many Kopinsky did and how many try to mimic him)

"no no! You are doing it all wrong, in the internet we are supposed to be stubborn, inflexible and arrogant. One cannot simply be suddenly reasonable and reflexive in the internet, that breaks years of internet tradition as a medium of anger, arrogance, bigotry and self entitlement. Damm these internet newcomers being nice to to others!!!"

"If brute force does not solve your problem, then you are not using enough!"

Anonymous

I am not familiar with the work of Karl Kopinski but looking at it now, he has a very practiced & traditional sort of “hand” married with a sharp awareness of comic work & subject choice.
            Why not study his influences directly if you wish to tread a similar path ? – You could hardly go wrong doing so ! artistically speaking.
            Mike.

Hi i’m searching for artists like Karl Kopinski.
            This kind of direct drawing in ink.
            Is anyone familiar with some drawing style like that? Someone that is not Kim Jung Gi or Peter Han?

Also a bit more eastern… but you might very well like Takehiko Inoue

specially his work on vagabond.. it has a kind of intersection with kopinsky .. specially his older phase.

example: https://i.pinimg.com/originals/70/37/5d/70375d9f05aabf91eed52625b8971a4e.jpg

"no no! You are doing it all wrong, in the internet we are supposed to be stubborn, inflexible and arrogant. One cannot simply be suddenly reasonable and reflexive in the internet, that breaks years of internet tradition as a medium of anger, arrogance, bigotry and self entitlement. Damm these internet newcomers being nice to to others!!!"

"If brute force does not solve your problem, then you are not using enough!"

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.