Home Forums Explore Media Colored Pencil A saint – first attempt at CP drawing – C&C welcome

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Hey all,

This is my first attempt at CP and also doing a portrait. I’m using prismacolor pencils on Strathmore bristol plate surface. Trying to learn the layering technique. A long way to go but I feel I’m done with the facial features (Still have to figure out how to do the white grey beard)
    appreciate any feedback and suggestions (especially on doing a white beard).

thanks for checking
    hyma

Pingpongfan

This is looking really really good for a first attempt at coloured pencils. Just keep on going like this and you will have a beautiful portrait.
        Vena

Thanks Vena.. appreciate your feedback. Hope to finish it soon.

CIvA45

Very, very nice. Subtle ways really make it seem real…the bindi, actually looks like it’s on the skin with the wrinkles under…great work, keep on :)

“The sun shines down, and its image reflects in a thousand different pots filled with water. The reflections are many, but they are each reflecting the same sun. Similarly, when we come to know who we truly are, we will see ourselves in all people.” Amma :heart:

thank you CIvA45 :thumbsup: thanks for your time and review.

artnlife

Wow hyma, this is a great start for a first CP & Portrait :thumbsup:
                Would love to track this one and can’t wait to see the finished piece :)

What is the size of the drawing ?

Thanks KJ :) Sure. Will try to finish it soon and post the final one. It’s on a 14 X 17 paper with a 1 in margin. so 12 X 15 inches.

Finally, I am almost finished with this piece :) C&C welcome. Please let me know if the background color is acceptable or overpowering the portrait. Also, any comments on how the beard turned out would be appreciated.

This is done mostly with Prismacolor pencils. Please advice if it needs a fixative (so wax build up doesn’t occur or fade over time) or can be framed as is.

Thanks so much for checking.

ocmd123

Great work! I’d never guess this was a first shot at do or a portrait. And Bristol smooth is not the easiest surface to layer color onto, so big kudos to you! I spray all of my work with fixative, and I’d highly recommend framing under glass.

ELAINE~ Moderator-Colored Pencil Forum ~ [FONT=Times New Roman]New to the forum? Visit the Welcome Thread ~ [FONT=Times New Roman]New to CP? Check out the CP Libray Index for information about about pencils, paper, sharpeners.[FONT=Times New Roman]
                    Instagram

Save

Great work! I’d never guess this was a first shot at do or a portrait. And Bristol smooth is not the easiest surface to layer color onto, so big kudos to you! I spray all of my work with fixative, and I’d highly recommend framing under glass.

Thanks so much Elaine !! Greatly appreciate your kind words and suggestions.
                    It took so much time but was able to complete it..
                    Thanks

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.