WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Drawing and Sketching
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #16   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-26-2020, 11:00 PM
0x457's Avatar
0x457 0x457 is offline
Member
Paradise
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 57
 
Re: What kind of paper is this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by janinco
I couldn't get the video to show, only the audio.

I hope it's the right paper! At least it's fairly inexpensive to try. It should be very nice for graphite and charcoal if it's too light for watercolor, but it says felt pen, so it will take some moisture. I'd put a piece of Yupo or something similar under the sheet you're using to keep it from soaking through.

Jan

Try this link instead (and play it from the browser). Make sure to make it full screen. https://www.dropbox.com/s/h9dpo1n2u5..._3748.mov?dl=0
__________________
Instagram
Reply With Quote
  #17   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-27-2020, 12:11 AM
janinco's Avatar
janinco janinco is offline
A WetCanvas! Patron Saint
Colorado
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 3,554
 
Hails from United States
Re: What kind of paper is this?

That worked...I'm pretty certain that's the paper. Let me know if you try it.

Jan
__________________
TwoStone Studio
Reply With Quote
  #18   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-27-2020, 02:52 AM
0x457's Avatar
0x457 0x457 is offline
Member
Paradise
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 57
 
Re: What kind of paper is this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by janinco
That worked...I'm pretty certain that's the paper. Let me know if you try it.

Jan
Awesome I just ordered it. I'll let you know how it goes
__________________
Instagram
Reply With Quote
  #19   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-27-2020, 02:47 PM
wendyv123 wendyv123 is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 107
 
Hails from Belgium
Re: What kind of paper is this?

all vergé papers have distinctive horizontal and vertical lines. Hold it against a light source and they should be very noticeable
Reply With Quote
  #20   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-27-2020, 03:27 PM
0x457's Avatar
0x457 0x457 is offline
Member
Paradise
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 57
 
Re: What kind of paper is this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendyv123
all vergé papers have distinctive horizontal and vertical lines. Hold it against a light source and they should be very noticeable

Does this help?

https://i.imgur.com/oM12cEE.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/43bPDyx.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/KwA0BLr.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/JgKpaPI.jpg
__________________
Instagram
Reply With Quote
  #21   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-27-2020, 11:21 PM
janinco's Avatar
janinco janinco is offline
A WetCanvas! Patron Saint
Colorado
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 3,554
 
Hails from United States
Re: What kind of paper is this?

That's definitely a laid paper...I guess the question is if it's the Arches. My Strathmore charcoal paper has exactly the same laid pattern but is a bit lighter in weight.

http://justinsamazingworldatfennerpa...aid-paper.html

Jan
__________________
TwoStone Studio
Reply With Quote
  #22   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-27-2020, 11:24 PM
0x457's Avatar
0x457 0x457 is offline
Member
Paradise
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 57
 
Re: What kind of paper is this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by janinco
That's definitely a laid paper...I guess the question is if it's the Arches. My Strathmore charcoal paper has exactly the same laid pattern but is a bit lighter in weight.

http://justinsamazingworldatfennerpa...aid-paper.html

Jan

Very interesting, thanks for posting that
__________________
Instagram
Reply With Quote
  #23   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-28-2020, 08:12 PM
joesurfer joesurfer is offline
Veteran Member
At Da beach in florida, Cocoa beach, Cape canaveral, Merritt Island.
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 718
 
Re: What kind of paper is this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by janinco
I couldn't get the video to show, only the audio.

I hope it's the right paper! At least it's fairly inexpensive to try. It should be very nice for graphite and charcoal if it's too light for watercolor, but it says felt pen, so it will take some moisture. I'd put a piece of Yupo or something similar under the sheet you're using to keep it from soaking through.

Jan


Have you tried the arces drawing paper? I see they have two kinds. A creme colored 123 pound with a rougher surface and a bright white 110 pound with a smoother surface than creme. if so, what did you think about the surface. Was it too rough for pencil and easy erasing?...https://search.jerrysartarama.com/se...rawing%20paper
__________________



I have just been thrown out of the inn where I was staying, naked as a worm. Claude Monet
Reply With Quote
  #24   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-28-2020, 08:58 PM
0x457's Avatar
0x457 0x457 is offline
Member
Paradise
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 57
 
Re: What kind of paper is this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by joesurfer
Have you tried the arces drawing paper? I see they have two kinds. A creme colored 123 pound with a rougher surface and a bright white 110 pound with a smoother surface than creme. if so, what did you think about the surface. Was it too rough for pencil and easy erasing?...https://search.jerrysartarama.com/se...rawing%20paper

I just ordered in the mail to see! It should be here in a few days
__________________
Instagram
Reply With Quote
  #25   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-29-2020, 12:31 PM
wendyv123 wendyv123 is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 107
 
Hails from Belgium
Re: What kind of paper is this?

For me it is a vergé or laid paper, it could be Arches but other papermills make it too
Reply With Quote

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:25 PM.


© 2014 F+W All rights reserved.