Home Forums Explore Media Oil Painting The Technical Forum Large tube ‘Indanthrene’ Lefranc Coral Orange

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Titanwhite

Lefranc & Bourgeois
        Indanthrene Lefranc Coral Orange ***
        no pigment number

I received a 250ml very heave tube, code 104165

What Pigment might it be, is it lightfast?

Antonin

Lefranc & Bourgeois
            Indanthrene Lefranc Coral Orange ***
            no pigment number

I received a 250ml very heave tube, code 104165

What Pigment might it be, is it lightfast?

Also known as Perinone orange. The tube is heavy because it’s using Lithopone as a filler/brightener.

Titanwhite

A great, now I can find some more. Iam not a fan of Lithopone, as you know a filler.

Handprint gives PO43 a 7,6

Perinone orange PO43 is a lightfast, semiopaque, staining, mid valued, very intense red orange pigment, offered by 10 pigment manufacturers worldwide. Unrated by the ASTM, my 2004 tests assign it a “very good” (II) rating, with a very slight and attractive darkening of the masstone color after 6 weeks of sunlight exposure (BWS 6).

PO43 varies slightly across manufacturers in lightness and chroma. MaimeriBlu orange lake is the lighter, more intense (chroma of 90) and transparent version of this lovely red orange pigment, and was also the most durable in my lightfastness tests; Utrecht perinone orange is very similar in hue and saturation. Both paints lose saturation slightly under prolonged light exposure. Daniel Smith perinone orange is the darker valued, less intense hue: warmer, more opaque and slightly granular, overall a beautifully rich and lyrical paint.

PO43 keeps its red orange hue from full strength through tints with little hue shift, and makes an excellent red orange paint at color point 3 of the artists’ color wheel. If you like this paint, it is worth doing your own lightfastness test to confirm it suits your needs.

Richard P

I looked it up in the lightfast testing spreadsheet I made using GOLDEN’s Lightfast testing raw data and it looks perfectly fine to use:

[ATTACH]871621[/ATTACH]

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.