Home Forums Explore Subjects Abstract and Contemporary Art 2020 – New Approach to Abstract

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    CarlyHardy

I am forever evolving as an artist and the past year has been a learning curve for me with new materials..new approaches to beginning a painting…as well as the outcome. Another move…new home…full time job…all have hindered my creative time at the easel. But this year…a new start…would love to hear any comments. Thanks everyone!

20×16 Acrylic on Canvas
        No title yet!

Trier

Very pleasant to look at, gives a warm feeling – sort of a fairy tale feeling to it with hidden messages.

I wish you more time at the easel in the coming year!

Regards,
            trier

This piece is talking to me… It looks like a small overview of a little Italian town…. Maybe Pisa, and it is the Leaning tower you´ll see on the top right corner…. NICE !!!!!!! :-D :-D

Abstract painter - Taste is something you learn

INSTAGRAM

KENNETHLINDHOLM

Hairy wolf

Love it!

Love this one!

Kay

Moderator: Watermedia, Mixed Media, Abstract/Contemporary

CarlyHardy

Thanks everyone for your kind words. I love that Kenneth sees a little Italian town! I feel that the viewer should connect to a painting with their own interpretation. And Trier…there are some hidden messages :*)

Greggo

By explaining what I “see” in the painting I only reveal more about me and nothing about the painting. Each person sees abstracts through the filters of their lives. My experiences tell me a story contained in this rather Italian tuscany sort of pallet. Earthquakes came to mind as suggested by so many fragments. Or perhaps the story of a family’s lives.

it matters not what I think, because this is pleasing to the eyes just as an Abstract with multiple shapes and well-balanced colors. Very pleasing.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/wetcanvas-hdc/Community/images/17-Jul-2013/110200-Tatrabanner.jpg [FONT=Times New Roman] Click here for>> WC FAQS >

trufflecat

Great to see you posting here again, Carly. I’ve always admired your work. I love the textures in this especially, and the colors are most pleasing. It feels very abstract to me. I particularly like the circular design in the upper right and only wish it were more central to the painting.

Art is never finished, only abandoned.-- Leonardo da Vinci :thumbsup:

http://www.susanbaileyart.com
                            JTP/MNR

I like your use of chunky shapes. It looks almost like collage in some places.

Comic artist, illustrator, and fine artist ||
                                http://www.jphillipsmnr.com (illustration) ||
                                http:/instagram.com/jtpabstractart (abstract art)

Marochette

Love this, but I can explain why perheaps the use of colors…

keith.johnson

Very cool. Lots of things to consider and let your mind wander.

vhere

nice colours and glazing of colours over each other

laf.art

A very warm lively painting. I really like this and will come back again to look

laf-art.com | Prints | FB[/U
                                                Instagram laf.abstracts

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.