WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Subjects > Plein Air
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#601   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-19-2017, 10:15 PM
Lord of the Arts
Kansas

Hails from United States
Re: Autumn in the Big Bend National Park

Robyn & anyone else out there:

Dr. Who: We have yet to see the latest season in the states. That said a feminine regeneration... well we will watch those too... why not ?

Chile paintings: Framing is not that simple to obtain because the stretchers are 3/4 inch thick... or are they actually metric... 19mm... eh, that's an odd number. I have found aluminum framing with a 3/4" rabbet but not in a color I want to use. Yet. I've yet to look at wood framing.

Another Ground hog-less day. Rose bush rabbit has been here most of the day. brief, unpredicted rain this morning.

Good to hear you have been out and doing something. Hot here and I just read all day, (!).

Donnie... beat the drums slowly... that loosers story just goes on and on.

Comments ? Dave
  #602   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-20-2017, 08:09 AM
Enthusiast
Dallas, Texas

Hails from United States

Those Neilsen frames have several profiles with a 5/8" slot. Just a bit off of what you need, but at least it is on the large side and you could use a little shim. They also have some crazy 13/16 and 19/32 sizes. It's enough to make you want to go metric.

It seems like the stretcher makers and frame manufacturers could decide on some standard dimensions. Instead we have a situation like how the number of hot dogs in a package don't match the number of hot dog buns. And yet, the administration wants to do away with regulatory agencies. The world makes no sense.

Going to sketch at the Dallas museum if art today. The group is planning to stick with indoor locations until we get some cooler weather. I've been tasked with finding an antique mall that will allow us to sketch and had better start making some contacts.

Do woodchucks maybe hide out in their cool underground burrows in the heat of summer? I'm glad you have the rabbit, but am still hoping the chucks will reappear.
  #603   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-21-2017, 08:59 PM
Lord of the Arts
Kansas

Hails from United States

Robyn & others:

I suspect the ground hogs do sleep in but... it's been quite a while since we have seen one here. Doom-da-doom-doom! Rose bush rabbit however is seen daily. Some discarded cat will nail it but meantime we enjoy seeing the thing.

Our weather today was hot air... it's not just hot out in the sun. Heat Index hit 110F with a measured 100F. We went out to the Peruvian restaurant. Burp.

We also have a Museum If Art here. I'm wondering if they are a chain? And... where do they get that stuff?

Well, now I know why the canvases were on sale. Nielsen makes a lot of mouldings including eight* with a 3/4 inch rabbet. But... finding a retailer that stocks them, plus offers them in German Silver, is the problem. I smell a compromise and I am not happy about it. Perhaps a floating frame? Have to check that out. Perhaps put a 1/4 inch shim on the back and buy 1 inch rabbet framing? Perhaps use wooden frames? Fortunately I'm not in a hurry to do the framing.
> * #26, 28, 37, 57, 90, 94, 123 & 127.

Every time we go to the grocery store I'm amazed by the prices and the clever packaging that disguises smaller amounts and makes it hard to mentally calculate price per unit. And... the things in the pharmacy... where did they get the idea they could jack up prices like that? Book stores... paperback novels for $17! When I was a kid they were 35 cents. Really. A cheap new car costs over ten times what they did. Fifteen times... yeah some are far superior now but still I gasp at their prices.

Donald... he's a nutter but... Pence would be worst. The nut-job can't get his ugly agenda through but Pence is another story. Gasp! Maybe it would be best to keep donnie in office... if Pence is the option.

Comments ? Dave
  #604   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-22-2017, 01:17 AM
Administrator
ORMSKIRK, Lancashire

Hails from United Kingdom

The suoermarkets in the UK have to show the "price per" on their shelves so you can compare packages.

I paint and mat normally to standard sizes and buy cheap multiple store frames when necessary. Tge advantage if painting small watercolours. I may start painting gallery wrapped watercolours which can be hung without frames.

We see no wild animals in the garden except for a family of field mice which live on the patio somewhere.

Doug