Home Forums Explore Media Photography The Shutterbug Pub Shutterbug Pub Wednesday 26 February 2020

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Hey All, Just received my monthly Nikonians monthly update. Don Williams Snow Geese is showcased. Good for you Don. We saw it first it here though.
        http://s3.amazonaws.com/wetcanvas-hdc/Community/images/20-Jan-2020/986611-Snow_Geese2.jpg

Anonymous

Hi Grant and any who stop by later.

A couple more from yesterday’s foggy morning:

1) yellow & white on green – I like that combination…

[Nikon D7500 + Nikkor 18-300 shot at 300mm, manual mode, 1/500 sec, f/6.3, ISO 500, processed in ACR & PSCS5]

2) partially highlighted…

[Nikon D7500 + Nikkor 18-300 shot at 145mm, manual mode, 1/320 sec, f/6.3, ISO 500, processed in ACR & PSCS5]

Greenhill

Two more beauties for your virtual garden, Dave.
                Both have your hallmark stamped all over them.
                Your floral work has become very sophisticated
                over the past twelve months.

MY FLICKR
                OLYMPUS OM-D E-M1 Mark II * OM-D M5 MkII * XZ2 * XZ1 * E3[FONT="Georgia"]
                The camera kneads the dough, PP bakes the bread - Greenhill

damar

Thanks for starting the daily, Grant, with a shout out to Don!
                    Congrats Don!

Dave, your yellow on green stands out real well.
                    Also has good depth and detail.
                    The succulent has an interesting abstract quality.

Hi Mark!

Well, I’m going to have to post one from a few weeks ago.
                    In contrast to Daves color!

Fujifilm X100F, XT20 + Nikon Camera Bodies & Lenses
                    Photos are ©2021
                    Anonymous

Aw Patty,
                        This is colour. Just subtle. In fact I don’t think it would work as well as a B&W.

damar

Hi Grant,
                            I was surprised at how colorless these photos were.
                            Photo capture was around 1 PM.
                            I think the fog did it!

Photos are ©2021
                            Anonymous

I agree with Grant. The naturally muted colors make this a fine subtle image; more appealing than B&W would produce. Nice capture.

damar

Thanks Dave!
                                    Interesting how colorless a day can be!
                                    I would shoot more in B&W if I had access to a more urban setting.
                                    I’ve tried B&W landscapes and unless the subject is spectacular
                                    (like the grand canyon or something)
                                    it just does’t say much.
                                    (B&W cow pasture: nope!)

Photos are ©2021
                                    Anonymous

Hi Patty,
                                        You know this of course but you could boost the saturation esp in the greens. There is some green barely covered with snow which could benefit.

damar

Hi Patty,
                                            You know this of course but you could boost the saturation esp in the greens. There is some green barely covered with snow which could benefit.

Looking back at my original, I actually did bump it up just a small amount.
                                            If I have time, I’ll post the straight out of the camera version
                                            No, I didn’t..I just lightened it up a bit, which brightened the green not boosted it!

Photos are ©2021

I agree. You are certainly taking advantage of your new camera’s potential. Way to push it’s buttons, Dave.

Grant, Thanks for starting the daily and bringing the good news about Don’s now acclaimed Photograph of he flying geese. I think it is neat that YOU spotted it on the NIKONIAN web site. I am thrilled that a member of WC got the award. Just goes to show, we have some pretty damn good photographers here, blue ribbon holders or not, just look at our photographs! :clap:

Speaking of FINE Photographers, Patty, that is a beautifully composted photograph. I don’t think I would boost the green at all. I like how you can barely see color in it but still can. Don’t you think that is actually what it looked like when you took it? Those trees, oh those beautiful graceful branches. Even winter allows the trees to show off their graceful limbs which is not obvious when they are covered with leaves. It is like a beautiful naked body, it is beautiful.

That is why I like taking photos of horses, their body is naked and they appear sculpted with well defined muscles and lines.

Shout out to DON. Congratulations Buddy. I think this means you might have to print up that wonderful photograph and hang it next to your ribbons in your man cave. Hope you stop in so we can pat you on the back.

Oh dear, I rambling.

I am just on a high after this morning’s shoot. I got up at 7:15 and the clouds were starting to clutter up the sky but still some sunlight sneaking in through them over the horizon. They were great cloud formations too. I grabbed the fish eye again for another walk.

I brought back so many good photos. I wish though that I would have cleaned the lens after yesterday’s walk. I got back today and the lens was just covered with dirt I guess. I can see it on some of the photo when I looked directly into the ight. It was window out there yesterday and today. But here are a few.

Mark, Because of the fish eye lens, these are some of the best seascape photos ever taken here by me on AMI.

I was going to put these in a separate thread, but just decided to share them all here now.

LORELL
                                            PS. I don’t want to go home.

Photography is the art of observation. It has little to to with the things you see and everything to do with the way you see them. Elliott Erwitt
                                            Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II, Zuiko 14-150 mm zoom, Zuiko 2.8 60mm macro, Sigma 2.8 Fish Eye. Nikon D5100

damar

Thanks Lorell! Yes, it really did look like that (snow scene)
                                                It was almost foggy out. Low ceiling.

WOW! you did great with the beach scenes!
                                                Beautiful surf & sky!
                                                Reflections in the surf are super!
                                                3 & 4 are my favorites.
                                                That sand sure is white!
                                                Well we’re happy you’re happy!

PS: I don’t blame you!

Photos are ©2021
                                                Anonymous

Two more beauties for your virtual garden, Dave.
                                                    Both have your hallmark stamped all over them.

My immediate reaction is to ask you if you’re sure you got the right guy. Never before has the word sophisticated been used about me.

But I do humbly thank you.

Thanks also to Mark, Damar, and Lorell.

Lorell, nice sequence of beach scenes. I think my favorite is #3 because of how the clouds seem to be trying to duplicate the patterns of the shallow water.

Greenhill

Patty, I love the “S” curve leading into the woods, it’s strong eye catching B&W image.

Lorell, I agree with Patty and Dave; of all six #3 is the standout image. The fisheye was put to good use and totally appropriate to the subject, that skyscape is to die for.
                                                        7:10am here, 3:15pm by you, so I guess you are walking the baby along AMI beach, or otherwise sipping cocktails like a lizard in one of the swanky downtown bars –
                                                        The Doctors Office opens in just under two hours, so get to it girl and shoot a few more winners before wowing us with a bunch of moonlit seascapes!
                                                        Hey, you wrote as a footnote that you don’t want to go home, yet the other day you said that you wanted to?
                                                        Well, could you not extend for another week? Hubby would be chuffed! More later, gotta run get my car serviced in prep for Tasmania.

Dave, Well, by sophisticated I also mean polished. Your florals have a style about them that is unmistakably your own.

MY FLICKR
                                                        OLYMPUS OM-D E-M1 Mark II * OM-D M5 MkII * XZ2 * XZ1 * E3[FONT="Georgia"]
                                                        The camera kneads the dough, PP bakes the bread - Greenhill

Composted, Lorell? I might have to compost my photos. Could make them more interesting.

Great photos all.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
                                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.