Home Forums Explore Media Photography The Shutterbug Pub Shutterbug Pub Daily, Wednesday October 16, 2019

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Don

I thought I would start the day with a taste of Autumn.

I took this shot while hiking a trail down in Jacksonville on Monday.

Photo site - http://donlwilliamsphotography.com

"A moment in time
        Immortalized forever
        With silver and light"

Liquid amber.

What nice vibrant colors, Don. It really pops with the blue in the background. Thanks for starting today’s daily, much appreciated.

Peter, dear friend. Good to see you. What has been keeping you busy lately? I see that you posted in the current Handwritten challenge. I am about to go there now and add one of my own. As a matter of fact, I came across the photo below when I was looking for a photo with some handwriting in it. It is an ornate door way at the main library in Detroit.
        Have a good day all.

LORELL

Photography is the art of observation. It has little to to with the things you see and everything to do with the way you see them. Elliott Erwitt
        Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II, Zuiko 14-150 mm zoom, Zuiko 2.8 60mm macro, Sigma 2.8 Fish Eye. Nikon D5100

A photograph of a tool which had the graven image of my sign?
        My life is a myriad of unfinished business.

damar

Good to see you, Don!
            Thanks for starting the Daily!
            Beautiful color on your maple leaves.
            Nice bokeh!
            You did bring one of your cameras!

Hi Lorell!
            That is some beautiful iron work.
            The library overhead looks like a cathedral!
            Excellent photo, light, composition and subject.

Caught a beautiful sunset the other night.
            This is one out of 83 shots! :rolleyes:

Fujifilm X100F

Fujifilm X100F, XT20 + Nikon Camera Bodies & Lenses
            Photos are ©2021

playing about with a .HEIC image trying to make it work.

damar

Looks like it worked MFIB!
                Beautiful flowers too.
                Did you upload directly from your mobile
                device?
                I’ve been wondering about that, since I
                often have my iphone or ipad with me
                and would like to post from some other location.
                (would have to resize though)

Photos are ©2021
                chaffee

Good morning all!

Hey Don, serious vibrancy goin on there, beautiful!

Lorell, I like that shot, almost could work in the halloween thread, maybe throw a big ol’ bat flying through!

Great sunset Patty! I have the luxury of quick access to seacoast sunrises whenever I’m not working, but I have SOOO MANY shots that I hardly snap anymore unless there’s something unique.

Peter, I don’t know what .HEIC means, but I like your shot.

Here’s a guy who wanted to stand out amongst his peers…:wink2:

Tim

"Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win, by fearing to attempt" William Shakespeare

damar

Hi Tim!
                        Excellent color!
                        What a show-off! The rocky shoreline is
                        interesting too.

I have a good nearby vantage point for catching sunsets,
                        and have way more shots than I need.
                        But DH is just getting started with more-than-casual-snapshots
                        so I got 83 more.

Out for morning walk at a later time usual
                        so the neighbors mailbox garden was lit up.

Photos are ©2021
                        Don

Good afternoon everyone. Thanks for the kind words on the photo.

You did bring one of your cameras!

Yes, I did. Actually, I put 2 bodies, 3 lens and some accessories in my mid-size photo backpack just to see if I thought I could carry it when we fly to NM in January. I’ll put my tripod in my checked bag and my 150-600 in my carry on. So, I think I will be set.

"A moment in time
                            Immortalized forever
                            With silver and light"

damar

Good afternoon everyone. Thanks for the kind words on the photo.

Yes, I did. Actually, I put 2 bodies, 3 lens and some accessories in my mid-size photo backpack just to see if I thought I could carry it when we fly to NM in January. I’ll put my tripod in my checked bag and my 150-600 in my carry on. So, I think I will be set.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I personally would feel sooo insecure going somewhere without my camera!:lol:

Photos are ©2021
                                Anonymous

Luscious colors Don. Nicely done.

Magnificent ironwork, Lorell, and a professional photo of it.

MFI, I had to look up HEIC. Interesting and apparently lots of possibilities. Yours is a nice photo.

Hi Tim. Love that red against the green & gray.

Lovely early sunset and striking photo of a nice garden, Damar.

Few photos from me lately; been feeling less than 100%. But better today and I managed to get in a walk this morning. Came back with some photos; most not worth saving but this one isn’t too bad…

[Nikon D7500 + Nikkor 18-300mm, manual mode, 1/1000 sec, f/6.3, ISO 250, ACR & PSCS]

It’ll take me a day or so to catch up on posts of past few days.

Don

I’ll jump back in here now that I have a little time…

Lorell, interesting shot there. I’ll bet that is an interesting (old?) building. Our main library is fairly new so doesn’t have that kind of character. A nice building but new.

Damar, nice sky there. That sky could be saved for use in a future photo. :)

I had to look up HEIC as well Peter. I wasn’t familiar with it. I wonder is the few photos I have taken with my iPad are in that format? I’ll have to check.

I have to agree Tim that the red tree is certainly standing out from the others.

Glad you are feeling better Dave. Nice close up.

"A moment in time
                                        Immortalized forever
                                        With silver and light"

damar

Well now Peter will have us all trying to upload from mobile devices.
                                            No doubt we have to convert the file for jpg upload on wc.

Photos are ©2021
                                            Greenhill

MFI
                                                “playing about with a .HEIC image trying to make it work”.

What on earth is an HEIC image?

MY FLICKR
                                                OLYMPUS OM-D E-M1 Mark II * OM-D M5 MkII * XZ2 * XZ1 * E3[FONT="Georgia"]
                                                The camera kneads the dough, PP bakes the bread - Greenhill

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.