Home Forums Explore Media Watercolor Watercolor Gallery A busy day!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    tmwilliams

I was asked to paint some birds by a women who saw a set I did at the church craft fair (and didn’t win the raffle).

She wants one cardinal and one bluebird. I showed the other bluebird in the gallery a few days ago.

These are the three others that I’ll show her. Many didn’t make the cut (one I was talking about in the studio).

C&C please. Even though I’m happy with these doesn’t mean I can’t learn from your comments. Thank you, as always.

Thomas

Birds 2 and 3 would catch my eye.

Doug

We must leave our mark on this world

Tim Goss

I like all of them as you’ve captured them just before they fly off or disappear into shrub or over a house. The first one really says that to me.

Tim

Tim Goss Watercolors
            http://www.timgosswatercolors.com

Bill

I like the figure of the first one best, the background of the second and bluebirds flying are beautiful.

Bill

Be kinder than necessary

hoylander

A lovely trio, Thomas, I’m sure she’ll be happy to choose from them.

Joan :wave:
                    tmwilliams

Thank you, Joan, Bill, and Doug!

Thomas

rossmarie

Well done Thomas. Cardinals are such striking birds. These look excellent to me.
                            Just a little more light and purer colours on their bodies perhaps? I am hardly qualified to judge. Perhaps I should have a go myself and discover that it isn’t easy!

Mike :) :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Beautifully painted on all three.

Where is a lady cardinal though?. Less colorful than the male but beautiful nonetheless. ;)

Sylvia

Blah

Nice ones. I like all of them but I like the one in flight best.

tmwilliams

Beautifully painted on all three.

Where is a lady cardinal though?. Less colorful than the male but beautiful nonetheless. ;)

Sylvia

I do have one with a pair. It’s among my favorites. I’m redoing the version (posted to the studio) because I screwed up the holly. In the next version there won’t be any to pull the viewer’s eyes away.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.