Home Forums Explore Media Photography The Shutterbug Pub Shutterbug Topic Challenge #84, Games, Nov 24-Dec 7, 2019

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author

Welcome to WC’s Shutterbug Pub Topic Challenge where every two weeks a topic will be posted in a thread and you will have the opportunity to post images that you have taken that you think satisfy the topic. You are only limited by your imagination.

Topic :Games

Remember at Christmas time and under the tree were all these long rectangular boxes? And you knew that it was a board game inside but which one, CLUE, MONOPOLY, SORRY, UNO, CHESS, CHECKERS, CONCENTRATION, THE GAME OF LIFE, COOTIE, ETC. ? OR How about the games you wrapped for your kids when they were little, SHUTES AND LADDERS, OPERATION, CANDY LAND, BATTLESHIP, ATARI, ETC.

Maybe you still have some of these in your attic or your chest of keepsakes downstairs or you have some new board or card games that you currently play. If not, then maybe a trip to the antique shop will help where you can use your cell phone to capture some of these special games that you spent hours playing. I am sure you have a favorite.

Thanks Dave (Droll13) for this FUN idea and a chance to go down memory lane.

BUT Dave wants to broaden the selection and include all kinds of games:
    board games, card games, sports games, kid’s playing tag or hide-and-go-seek, computer games, tug-of-war, Twister, chess or checkers, Go, darts,

Please read the guidelines before posting.

This topic will end: December 7, 2019

Guidelines:
    1) All photos submitted must be yours.
    2) All entries are to be posted directly by each member into this thread in the SHUTTERBUG PUB.
    3) You may post more than one image, however, please submit only one photo per post.
    4) We hope that his activity inspires you to shoot new images and not just pull from your archives. However, images from your archives WILL be allowed as long as your image has NOT been previously posted on Wet Canvas.
    5) You may use software to manipulate or enhance your images.
    6) Since this activity is running in the Shutterbug Forum, if you wish to comment on any entry, we ask that you limit your comments to praise and applause .
    7) Every other Sunday, a new topic challenge will begin.

Photography is the art of observation. It has little to to with the things you see and everything to do with the way you see them. Elliott Erwitt
    Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II, Zuiko 14-150 mm zoom, Zuiko 2.8 60mm macro, Sigma 2.8 Fish Eye. Nikon D5100

maryinasia

fun!

damar

Ok, first up:

Golf Tee Puzzle

The tees do not stand straight so no matter how the wooden
            triangle is rotated, nothing is going to line up
            on the horizontal or vertical!

Fujifilm X100F, XT20 + Nikon Camera Bodies & Lenses
            Photos are ©2021

:clap: :clap: :clap:
            Does the winner get the candy? That is a creative AND colorful composition. Adding the colored canty upped the ante and the image. Good work, Patty.

Photography is the art of observation. It has little to to with the things you see and everything to do with the way you see them. Elliott Erwitt
            Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II, Zuiko 14-150 mm zoom, Zuiko 2.8 60mm macro, Sigma 2.8 Fish Eye. Nikon D5100

damar

Thank you Lorell!
                DH got the candy!
                Mario the little dog had an eye on it though.
                Actually he never saw it, he could smell it!
                This is fun!

Photos are ©2021
                Humburger

Wow! Good one, Patty. 😀

Ginny
                    www.virginiacmccoy.com
                    C & C Welcome

Tic Tac Toe.
                    Getting beat by the dog is no fun!

Cleaning the black paint off of her paws after the photo shoot was even less fun. :eek:

Anonymous

Damar, Lorell is right – outstanding photo! Unique subject, great colors and sharpness and composition.

Lorell, yours is another winner. Clever, strong composition, professional control of the values.

Greenhill

Truly one of your best, Lorell, superb image quality, a real winner.
                            You’ve created something profoundly moving, yet very funny.
                            I take it that tic tac toe was intentional clever wordplay!
                            The placement of cards leads into the subject. :thumbsup:

MY FLICKR
                            OLYMPUS OM-D E-M1 Mark II * OM-D M5 MkII * XZ2 * XZ1 * E3[FONT="Georgia"]
                            The camera kneads the dough, PP bakes the bread - Greenhill

damar

:heart: Lorell: Awwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!! :heart:
                                Has it all! Game, great photo, and adorable dog!!!
                                Love it!!! :heart:

Thanks Ginny and Dave!

Was walking around an antique mall yesterday.
                                Almost a topic cliche!
                                Nothing artsy, just a stack of vintage games.

Photos are ©2021
                                Rich

Ladies,
                                    You have this still life shooting figured out! A shot of the tee game without the M&M’s would be….well….blah A shot of the tic tac toe sheets with out the dog would be a crime. A shot of one game….boring. As I learned in camera club a still life shot is better with something related to it for viewer interest. Well done! Love Ella and her concentration!

Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless. –Mother Teresa
                                    Cameras Canon SX160IS, SX740HS ELPH 170IS Photoshop Elements 2021, Topaz Studio, Adjust, and Simplify
                                    Website http://rich-stedman.pixels.com

Thank you all for the positive and enthusiastic feedback. I wish I could think like this more often. I used my homemade soft box to light the right side and that made a difference, I think.
                                    PATTY,
                                    You made me feel so good when you said that you were walking around an antique shop when you found the stack of games. I am happy because our challenge inspired you to take some photographs that you mightnot have otherwise taken. That’s what the challenges are all about.I just might have to visit an antique mall near my house tomorrow.

damar

.I just might have to visit an antique mall near my house tomorrow.

Do it!!!
                                        Its a blast! and be sure to buy something nice for yourself or a loved one!
                                        Its a great place to go when you can’t be outside walking around!
                                        :thumbsup:

Hi Rich!!!

Photos are ©2021
                                        maryinasia

love these! esp the dog

Humburger

Very nifty. Dogs always win. 😜

Ginny
                                                www.virginiacmccoy.com
                                                C & C Welcome

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.