WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Colored Pencil
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#16   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-26-2019, 01:57 PM
Enthusiast
A 38 sq.meter apartment in Hyvinkää

Hails from Finland
Re: Outside the Lines Chat Thread ~ December 2019

The "Velázquez palette" is one of the most interesting limited palettes on the Bruce McEvoy's website.
I wonder what would be the colour pencil equivalent of it - perhaps Light ochre 032, Venetian red 062
and Sapphire blue 150 of the Caran d'Ache Pablo / Prismalo / Supracolor range? I'd choose 150 (or Blue 260)
instead of Ultramarine 140 because they are closer to neutral than reddish ultramarine.

The Faber-Castell version might be Dark Naples ochre 184, Sanguine 188 and Helio blue reddish 151.

Heikki
  #17   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-26-2019, 08:58 PM
A Local Legend
Toronto

Hails from Canada

I hope you all have had a great Christmas celebration surrounded by family and friends.

Tell your dear ones NOW how much they mean to you and how much you love them. I can assure you that in a second things can change and turn life upside down...

May 2020 be a wonderful year personally and professionally, and offer you good health, happiness and memorable days!!!

PS - I am sure there are links for threads to work with limited pallets in the CP Library. It used to be posted at the very top of the listing...

Boldness commands the eye, but nuances hold it there. Margot Schulzke
  #18   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-27-2019, 07:59 AM
Lord of the Arts
Whitby, Ontario

Hails from Canada

Happy New Year to you too, Raquel. May your year be less stressful than the last one with more time for drawing. Every now and then I get a newsletter from Ann Swan. Her botanicals are so beautiful. I'm loving the snowfree few days we are having, especially after the brutal start to November.
Vena
  #19   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-27-2019, 11:02 PM
A Local Legend
Toronto

Hails from Canada

Thank you Vena!

In the Colored Pencil Library, under the heading of Color Theory, Value Scales, etc., there is a Red, Blue & Yellow Project by Arlene. In it "Pink Ribbons" has a link to her 3-colour apple. I honestly don't remember peppers, but this one is great!

HAPPY 2020 FOR ALL OF YOU!!!

Boldness commands the eye, but nuances hold it there. Margot Schulzke
  #20   Report Bad Post  
Old 12-28-2019, 09:22 AM
Lord of the Arts
Whitby, Ontario

Hails from Canada

I found the apple, Raquel. And also the hot peppers and other RYB projects. Judy (pinkrybns) also gives her ideas on the conversion polychromos colours for the original prismas that she used. Lots of interesting info.
Vena