WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > The Art Business Center > General Art Business > Internet Sales Strategies
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#16   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-06-2019, 01:55 PM
Enthusiast
Pawtucket, RI

Hails from United States
Re: Instagram

I think I started on it a couple years ago and have eventually worked my way up to 500 followers. It's slow. My understanding is the key is hashtags. But it is difficult to find hashtags that are targeted enough. Sort of like keywords in SEO.

The places that offer hundreds or thousands of followers are scams. The followers are not people you want and doing that can get you kicked off Instagram. I am sure some people do it anyhow.

Something I see a lot is people who approach you saying "I am an influencer and if you give me X I will post about you on my IG." I never respond. I don't need the help of pigs like that.
  #17   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-19-2019, 06:51 AM
Manila

Hails from Philippines

Super agree with this. INSTAGRAM

Instagram is one of the most popular platforms on social media right now.
For starters, create a username that is easily remembered. This may also include an annotation for art that makes it easier for people to understand and associate it with your marketing in arts. i.e. — @username.art

Once you have this, switch your personal profile to a business one! As you fill up the bio section, it is good to include a short summary of your work and what they can expect from the Instagram page. i.e. Oil and Watercolor artist based in London. Accepts commissions, exhibition invites, etc.

An Instagram page that’s well-curated in posts and color theme for your marketing in arts can largely contribute to your audience identifying and remembering you better. However, aside from IG, you can also get bigger sales in other social media networks if you market yourself constantly. This article Marketing in Arts talks about that and has greatly helped me understand the ins and outs of this industry.
  #18   Report Bad Post  
Old 08-19-2019, 08:34 AM
A WC! Legend
Gainesville, Fl USA

Hails from United States

I usually have from 800-900 followers at IG. That does not translate to sales for me, which have been nil but for 1 painting when I started a couple of years ago. I get lots of kind comments, which I always answer, but no sales. I do have a variety of 30 hash tags which I always use.
https://birdsandnestsart.com/
  #19   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-12-2019, 09:51 AM
Veteran Member
Wheeling, IL

Hails from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by anngrant
Absolutely agree. Instagram is an amazing tool if you learn how to properly hashtag. Here is an awesome tool with user-friendly interface https://photosfortag.com/ that definitely helps in effective running your intagram account.
I hashtagged all of my work on IG, but NONE of it shows up on this tool. I only get about 20 "likes" for my work at the most. Am I doing something wrong?

Last edited by hmshood5 : 09-12-2019 at 09:54 AM.
  #20   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-19-2019, 10:48 AM

If you need my recommendations, I'd suggest that you use grow your IG. Here are my tips:

1. Use related hashtags

2. Try have more followers than following ( making your page more professional)

3. Use Garry vee's 1.80 $ method ( google it ) - it's about interaction, not money.

4. You can post other people's content and give them a credit in the description, or tag them.

5. Like other peoples comments.

6. Ask questions on your pictures ( with subtilities) and try to post a vid form time to time as they are more likely to go viral.

7. Post when people are not busy - about 7 - 10 a.m and 8-11 p.m

8. Try to collaborate and exchange content with profiles with the same following. ( ideally, with a bigger following than yours)

9. Use real people likes through trusted tools like https://soc-promotion.com/Instagram/Likes
  #21   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-19-2019, 02:45 PM
London

Hails from United Kingdom

From what I understand you can't post external links on Instagram, seems like that would really limit its usefulness.
  #22   Report Bad Post  
Old 09-20-2019, 09:21 PM
Enthusiast
Pawtucket, RI

Hails from United States

You can post an external link on your profile. That's what I do.