Home Forums Explore Subjects Artwork from Life Scavenger Hunt #545 – June 10-18 2018

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)
  • Author

If you’ve done at least one Scavenger Hunt and have time to host one, we’d really appreciate it! You can sign up by posting your name and the current hosting list stickie on Artwork from Life forum: https://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/show…6#post21360136

Rules for Hunting:
    * All items on the list must be sketched from life–not imagination nor photo references
    * Each object you draw can count for only one item on the list, no matter how many shapes/parts/colors that object contains. This was agreed to by unanimous vote among the participants
    * You may place multiple objects together in a drawing or painting, and may count those objects as separate list items, but no single object can count for more than one list item.
    * All items posted must be numbered. Count them as you go. The first item you sketch and post will be #1 regardless of its place on the list. Do them in whatever order you wish, but count them in the order in which you sketch them, from 1 to 26.

Do as many or as few items as you like; you don’t have to finish the entire list to participate! You don’t have to comment on every post, but comment, if and when you can.

Scavenger Hunts last for 9 days, with the next hunt starting on the 9th day.

Please tell us your size, surface, medium, and the amount of time it took you to do each sketch. We love hearing about your subjects and setups. Photos of your subjects are also welcome!
    :wave: :wave: :wave:
    1. – Back of something
    2. – Bottom of something
    3. – has complex outline
    4. – has simple outline
    5, 6, 7 – 3 overlapping objects
    8. – a pair of ?
    9. – plant life
    10. – rock
    11. – cleaning tool
    12. – hammer
    13. – measuring tape
    14. – has a capitol letter on it
    15. – needlenose pliers
    16. – toes
    17. – table leg
    18. – corner – item or room
    19. – broom
    20. – stairs, steps
    21. – light bulb
    22. – wheel
    23. – vent, grate or screen
    24. – hanging
    25. – it slides
    26. – it clicks
    Challenge do different medium than your regular

Robin
    The mediator between head and hands must
    be the heart. Harbou - Metropolis
    http://virtualparsnip.blogspot.com/

Eye

Thanks for the list Robin.

Ai

Painting is my soul. My blog.
        https://s3.amazonaws.com/wetcanvas-hdc/Community/images/01-Feb-2009/4926-ai_signature_Feb09.gif

eyepaint

Thanks for the new list, Robin. I’ve made a “news item” about this new hunt.

-- EP Moderator for:
            All Media Art Events, Artwork From Life, Art Journals

Joan T

Robin, thanks so much for the new list.

1 – hanging foxglove blossoms – direct watercolors
                2 – plant life – direct watercolors

[FONT=Book Antiqua]Joan T
                [FONT=Book Antiqua]www.watercolorsbyjoan2.blogspot.com

Eye

Joan: Wonderful start of this Hunt… both are gorgeous…

Ai

Painting is my soul. My blog.
                    https://s3.amazonaws.com/wetcanvas-hdc/Community/images/01-Feb-2009/4926-ai_signature_Feb09.gif

DawnDR

Robin, thanks for the new list! I’ve got a sketch for ‘hanging’ and ‘plant life’ started.

Joan, beautiful flowers! I particularly like the sense of light you captured in the second sketch.

C & C welcome :)

Inspiration does exist but it must find you working. -Picasso

Joan you are off to a fantastic start with the beautiful plants. The pink ones are indeed full of life.

My blog https://jocastilloartblog.blogspot.com/
                        My website https://jocastilloart.com

Joan T

Thanks Ai & Dawn.

3 – screen fence – direct watercolors
                            4 – has a capital letter on it (sign for Tiger Lily’s)

[FONT=Book Antiqua]Joan T
                            [FONT=Book Antiqua]www.watercolorsbyjoan2.blogspot.com

nguyen01

Hi everybody,
                                I had again a bad week : internet interrupted ! There are electric reparation in my street ! Now everything seems ok again.
                                Thank so much azulparsnip for hosting. Ecouraging list to sketch. I am new here as you may know.

Joan : admirable !I will learn wc by looking at your works !
                                Here is #1,2,3 : overlapping fruits (:-)). A4 format. 40 mn or so… Very clumpsy. WC is not my usual practice. What I am learning is living model (quick pencil pen or chalk)

White Pen

Heya

Great List as always , Thanks for that Robin.

Nice start Joan with flowers , hanging . We have drawning and destroyed flowers overhere in my area now in mass .
                                    Unusually Storms and flooded city … daily :(
                                    Joan your a fast waterworker .

Ng nice fruite basket , are the apple small or the bananas ?
                                    If you start to learn drawing look to keep the things in relation but the sketch is nice anyway.

I like to start and guess what .. lost inspiation . Going for a drink now . See what s the story in 2 hours…;)

Cheers White Pen out of the rain city of Graz …

Humor is just another defense against the universe.........On-Line Homebase........

Joan, I like the folks at the restaurant, makes me want to be there.

Van An, the fruit makes me hungry and we have no fruit. Going to the store later, thanks. Ha.

WP, too bad we can’t share some of the rain and give you a break. Maybe the drink will help!

I sketched in the big book with a Prismacolor 03 yesterday morning and never posted…. sigh. Number 1,2, measuring tape and pliers.

Joan – love the new approach to watercolors you are calling direct….lush effect. Another lovely outdoor cafe scene……like the loose building edges rather than ridgid

nguyen01 – glad you are here…..love the basket detail and all the color mapping on the fruits….especially like the detail on the basket joints and weaving….you did a great job of keeping and using the whites to good advantage…..nice

White Pen, Hi ho, hope you can put your rainchecked inspiration to good times ……

Jo – tools and teams……two down to earth pleasures……nice simple but concise drawings

I had the “ho-hums” until I was about half way thru these drawings and really enjoyed it….thought 30 minutes had passed but was only 15…..so this drawing time was better than doublemint gum…..you know, double your pleasure, double your fun…..but then they often had twins in the add :clear: …..aaahem……that was back in the day…….moving right along…… …..aaahem……that was back in the day…….moving right along……

Included photo of little camping lantern. New purchase…..got it on sale and went back to buy one for a friend and found out it was alot more than I would have spent at regular price….but VERY nice little lantern……

Back of Ukulele
                                    bottom of camping lantern
                                    complex outline
                                    simple outline
                                    3 over lapping objects.

Robin
                                    The mediator between head and hands must
                                    be the heart. Harbou - Metropolis
                                    http://virtualparsnip.blogspot.com/

jmfletch

Robin – Thanks for hosting and the creative list.
                                        All black? That is changeup. :rolleyes: Line work is great. Love the ukulele and lantern. Also like how your line work captured the tension of the hand holding the lantern

Joan- Both florals are pretty but the lighting on the pink one is super. Nice work on the architecture and sign.

An – fruit looks nice but basket weave really caught my eye. Well done! :thumbsup:

Jo – nice line work on measure and pliers.

I did two sketches this morning. Both in HB graphite. Together about a half page in 9×12 in sketchbook.

1 needlenose pliers
                                        2 has capital letter on it. McD’s coffee cup. Had a tough time with diagonal dots on a curve and kind of lost my way. :wink2:

Keep sketching
                                        Joe

“The act of art can be so relaxing after you get over yourself.” - Quoting Robin

Robin, I like your sketches so much. Joe is right about the hand and all black. I’m smiling.

Joe, the pliers are ready to pick up. Maybe the coffee cup is a bit bent.

I sketched with pastels, trying to warm up for the summer. On the back of another sketch on what is probably Daler-Rowney paper. It is nice. Smooth but holds pastel.

Number 3, bottom of something

nguyen01

Hi everybody,
                                            Jo : good sketches, fine and vigorous, especially after a good drink:), don’t sigh !
                                            Azulparsnip : 1-7 already ! You go fast ! Like the back of something !
                                            Jm : fine sketch, very speaking ! good lighting !
                                            Here is : (A4, ink, 30 mn, from several assays)

4: complex outline !

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.