Home Forums Explore Subjects Florals and Botanical JUNE Plant Parade (early)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 91 total)
  • Author

Welcome to our June 2019 Plant Parade challenge featuring CONEFLOWERS and RUDBECKIAS of the daisy family :thumbsup:

I will post several varieties and you may choose from my photos or use your own images.

Few rules

Any medium, any size
    Any crop of reference
    Any discussion but no showing your work – yet!
    Reveal day is any time from 25th.

CONEFLOWERS

RUDBECKIAS (blackeyed susans)

Have fun with these for your month of June :wave:

Kay

Moderator: Watermedia, Mixed Media, Abstract/Contemporary

Kay, glad to see the June flowers up already and will pick some to do. They’re are all beautiful, thanks.

LIL

Thank you Lil for hosting May.
    I had to leave town today unexpectedly so that’s why the early blooms here.

Kay

Thanks for posting the June Plant Parade Kay. It’s no problem that it’s early – it’s good to have you Hosting! :thumbsup:

Moderator: Animal & Wildlife, Floral & Botanical, Watermedia

Thanks Kay – glorious, glorious yellows ….. if only they were in bloom here!:lol:

Cheers, Maureen

Forum projects: Plant Parade projects in the Florals/Botanicals forum , WDE in the All Media Art Events , Different Strokes in Acrylics forum .

With our cooler temps and much more rainfall my blackeyed susans or rudbeckias have leaves galore so they’re coming back big time!

Kay

Green Ink

Are line drawings ok too?

"An artist must have the freedom to create"
        Edward Weston

My Facebook Art Page

Yes, even digital work, any media and okay to mix several in one piece.

Kay

Larry, I know you’re keen but you’re too early!!!;););)

Our reveal date for the challenge is 25th of each month so I’ve moved your drawing to a safe place until then!:lol:

Line drawings, line and wash, any medium, any style – all welcome on 25th!;)

So glad you’ve joined us though.:)

Cheers, Maureen

Forum projects: Plant Parade projects in the Florals/Botanicals forum , WDE in the All Media Art Events , Different Strokes in Acrylics forum .

CaliAnn

Awesome photos Kay! I love coneflowers and blackeyed susans! I will definitely give one of these a try, time permitted of course! I can’t pick one though – they’re all so good :)

Green Ink

Larry, I know you’re keen but you’re too early!!!;););)

Our reveal date for the challenge is 25th of each month so I’ve moved your drawing to a safe place until then!:lol:

Line drawings, line and wash, any medium, any style – all welcome on 25th!;)

So glad you’ve joined us though.:)

Oh I’m confused. I didn’t realize there was a ‘reveal’ date! I thought we just posted our interpretations.

"An artist must have the freedom to create"
                Edward Weston

My Facebook Art Page

Green Ink –Yes in some Wet Canvas Forums there is a “Reveal date”, so it’s always best to check the Information on the Challenge to see. The idea of a Reveal Date is, so that members are all posting their entries at roughly the same time – makes it more exciting to see them all coming in. But don’t worry, we have your drawing safe, ready to post on the 25th!

Well Kay, I’ve actually begun mine! I’m always running at the last minute so I thought for once I’d get it painted early….so I’ve got it sketched out waiting on some watercolor…..lets hope I get on to it from there!

Shanec

Thanks for hosting Kay and apologies for missing last month.

Love the reds and pinks in the coneflowers, the first image was an obvious choice.

Shane

https://artbyshanec.com

Shane, can’t wait to see what you do with this subject!

Kay

I’ve finished mine, yippee, yippeeee! Now all I have to do is remember to post it! I don’t think I’ve ever been ready to post in this Forum so early! :smug: :music: :music:

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 91 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.